Receipt pool at the races.

Tell us how you think we can make things better for you, the member. Constructive criticism is welcome - useless sniveling is not.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Midtown Rich
Life Member
Life Member

Receipt pool at the races.

Postby Midtown Rich » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:13 pm

Let's have a guy at each riders meeting pass a hat or stinky helmet around.
Everyone can put in receipts from the nearest town from the previous night or a past race.
Vehicle repairs, food, gas, entertainment, lodging, and what ever else!

We can allow the clubs to hold on to them and use them for political gains.
If a person could actually show we spend a thousand dollars just in food at a race, we have SOMETHING REAL.

When we can actually show what we bring, we have clout enough to bring the fight for land access and noise issues rather than wait to get shut down and then fight out of desperation. Money talks right now and i think city/county councilors, land managers, and legislators are ready to listen to ways to fill the local restaurants and inns.

Hey, just an idea... no cost to anyone, mostly just something that could get built upon in the future.
We can copy receipts and send them to the club later. It is like counting votes. Clubs can toss them or turn them over to OMRA to use.

Imagine, if you will, our OMRA person standing before the legislators with a HUGE bag of receipts like santa claus! Worth the weight in gold?!

Peace through the little things that can or could make a difference!
r
Last edited by Midtown Rich on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I race, therefore I am."

lclark
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby lclark » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:54 pm

That is a good idea. I do not think our State representaton realize how much money is spent and income generated from off-road riding. It would be fairly easy for me to figure out an average cost for a race or even estimate what I spend a year on riding/racing.

It would be good to have them each come to at least one event to see the income that is generated. Also, just to see and meet the community that we ride with.

Does anyone know anyone or have any pull to get the officials out to our events? I would start with the motorcycle friendly and have them pressure their constituents to join them.

Lance
Lance Clark, President
Applegate Rough Riders Motorcycle Club
Suzuki DR 350, Gas Gas Pampera, Gas Gas 450 FSE, Gas Gas EC300R

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:02 pm

Good idea Rich.

My Black Dog National Dualsport this year had an article in the local Hood River Paper after the event. They asked about how much money that was brought into the community and I (of course) took the opportunity and gave them a realistic number of @$400/rider for the weekend. There were over 250+ entries. Do the math and you can see they were VERY impressed and happy to have us!

Another thing I've seen done in other states is have everyone who shows up write 'OHV Money' (with a felt tip) or something similar on all the bills they use in the area. It's amazing how much the money gets cirulated!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

tang8u
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Also a Tax Deduction

Postby tang8u » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:43 pm

That is a good idea for the clubs.
They also could use the receipt for taxes expense for events

I have tried to figure out a way to get a tax deduction for riding (Racing) for years....Have not been found a way as of yet.

There are gate fees , Moto Fees, Membership Fees, bike maintenance fees, travel fees, food fees......etc And what is the pay back...If one is lucking you get a 6 inch trophy.

It all about bragging right :)

I ride for the fun of it anyway, what a little roost between friends
Tang
Bad judgement Makes for Great Stories. I seem to have a lot of stories :)

Return to “Suggestions”