Ideas to increase membership

Tell us how you think we can make things better for you, the member. Constructive criticism is welcome - useless sniveling is not.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

LonnieTheGreat
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Ideas to increase membership

Postby LonnieTheGreat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:22 pm

As I was driving along the other day ,I was pondering our problem of loosing more and more riding areas every year. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that unless we stand up and do something, off road riding will end in my lifetime. One of the things that I concidered was the fact that " The bearing that squeeks gets the grease".
How does that effect us? you ask. Simple. The enviro-Nazzis squeek, a lot! How many of us march on Salem or Washington to protest the closing of our beloved riding aress? Not too many (myself included).How many motorcycle and quad owners belong to clubs that do fight for our rights? Not too many of us, untill recently, myself included.How many people buy the OHV sticker, but don't belong to clubs? How many motorcycles and quads are sold in Oregon each year? I'm constantly encouraging people to join clubs in an effort to increase our numbers so our club officers can tell our elected officials "we represent xxxx number of individuals and familys" rather than "we represent xx number of individuals and familys. Now we arive at my idea. Many motorcycle dealers support the various clubs and OMRA. That is great! Some may even realize that if off road use is banned they will loose a signifficant amount of buisness! If we can get them to include a 1 year membership to OMRA with every sale of an off road bike or quad ,that would greatly increase our membership numbers,income and political clout. Even if they refused to cover the cost or pass it on to the buyer,just having the added numbers would help our cause. I'm sure, many of theese complimentary memberships would not renew, but some would. I don't expect answers to all of the questions I have presented, but it is something to ponder.

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 pm

Hey Lonnie,
I like how you think and you have an excellent suggestion. We've tried to get it going numerous times in the past, but the main problem is enough volunteers and enough willing dealers. We still would like to do this, but those are the biggest obstacles and we would welcome ideas on how to accomplish this.
thanks!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Dirt Surfer
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Dirt Surfer » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:28 am

~BUMP~

Any new development or idea's on this?

I'm game if I can help.
Tomm Cannon OMRA #68
96' Suzuki RM250
Keep Surfin! :joker:

StevieMac
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby StevieMac » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:29 am

If the newsletter has the opportunity to become official at some point in the future, I would like to at least be able to e-mail all Oregon dealers the newsletter so it can be printed out. A simple two page format works excellent for this I would think for simplicity sake. We can announce a dealer/OMRA partnership for 1st time members at time of purchase (50% off). As stated previously in other posts, we can have a "Dealer Partner" link on our home page that will link to a simple linked dealer contact page.

The other idea I came up with is a 50% off 1st time member coupon that is received at time of purchase of a ATV permit at any dealer/store that sells ATV permits. It would take a change to our Paypal account with a coupon code option, but I think it is doable. Once people are first time members, they get info sent to them which includes OMRA membership info, OMRA event schedule, and should include some type of OMRA Forum intro so we can get them involved and keep them updated on issues and events.
40AM
Honda #67F

Dirt Surfer
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Dirt Surfer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:18 am

I think this weekend at the Washington County Fairgrounds would be a great time
to take advantage of getting some new members as there will be alot of racers there
that dont belong to any organization. Amatuer's & Novices will be there to race & alot
of male & female rider's of all ages will be there to atleast watch the race's during the
weekend long event, especially with Monster, Fox, Hillsboro Motosports & several other's.

If we have any sticker's, flyer's, brochures or anything at all, I'd be happy to come get them
& pass them out at the event as they come rolling in so as to not get into any sort of bind
with the event itself & their promoters. I'm Volunteering!! I'm only 1/4 mile away!!

Please anyone interested in this or that have any OMRA promotional items to donate to our
sport get ahold of me at 503.686.5634 or pm me, I will try to come get them, meet halfway,
whatever!

We have to sponsor our own organization before more ppl will join & be an ACTIVE member!!
Tomm Cannon OMRA #68

96' Suzuki RM250

Keep Surfin! :joker:

Return to “Suggestions”