Volunteering

Tell us how you think we can make things better for you, the member. Constructive criticism is welcome - useless sniveling is not.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

tdewitt
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Volunteering

Postby tdewitt » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:46 am

Thru out the Tillamook State forest we need help getting the trails back in service.
We need a place to keep single members informed on how they can help. It needs to be Simple.
when is the nest TSF work party meeting? how you can help.
Something that invites QUAD RIDERS, there are tons of us out there, and all others that are not part of a club and don't want to be, but want to help.
Give the weekend warrior a way to know what is going on and how he can and needs to help.
All clubs websites should put info out there, the more we advertise the more help we might get.

Signed "Frustrated"
06 KTM 950 Adventure
05 KTM 450 EXC plated
01 DRZ400 E plated
05 DL1000 V-Strom

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:00 am

Excellent topic. What we currently do is post on the main site the clubs that do volunteer work in TSF and how to contact them. The other thing we do is post ODF's monthly meeting minutes (usually in the 'General' forum [when I get them]), so the info is out there. Just do a message board search on either 'ODF', 'TSF' or 'Tillamook'.

Any suggestions on how to better disseminate this data is welcome.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

tdewitt
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby tdewitt » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:13 am

i guess my sugestion would be. With everything that is going on in the TSF right now maybe it needs its on place in the forum. All the minutes, meeting dates etc. in one place. this could be included in your new area that was discussed at the meeting.
06 KTM 950 Adventure
05 KTM 450 EXC plated
01 DRZ400 E plated
05 DL1000 V-Strom

Chickenhauler
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby Chickenhauler » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:51 am

I think a TSF specific forum would be nice, there seems to be so much going on there, and it gets hard to find everything when its spread between multiple forums.

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:46 am

Hey Guys,
I'd be happy to add more pertinent forums. I'm wondering if a "Volunteering" forum would be best, or that and a regional set of forums, like "Tillamook", "Bend", "Medford", etc. Or would it be better with "Northern Oregon", "Eastern Oregon", "Southern Oregon", etc.?

I want to add good forums, but I also don't want it too confusing with too many forums. Let me know your thoughts.
thanks,
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Chickenhauler
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby Chickenhauler » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:52 pm

A "Volunteer" forum broken down by areas, like NW, SW, Central, and eastern OR, would be easy to navigate and understand for us newbs, that way other things besides trail work could be posted, like some of the calls for us to assist I have seen previously for Parade riders and race flaggers.

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:13 am

Ok, got 'em posted. Let me know if that works.
-Tom

Return to “Suggestions”