State Trails: Evening General Public Workshop Announcement

Go here to discuss issues about keeping our riding areas open and protecting your right to ride!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

State Trails: Evening General Public Workshop Announcement

Postby Tawmass » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:08 am

PLEASE get involved on this as it will affect our riding statewide. Please click the link below for all the info:

http://www.oregon.gov/oprd/Trail_Progra ... Plans.aspx

The Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) is currently involved in developing a statewide trails plan for Oregon. The overall trails planning effort involves separate, but concurrent, 1) motorized (ATV) trail, 2) snowmobile trail, 3) non-motorized trail, 4) water trail, and 5) State Scenic Waterway planning components. The planning process will include a series of issues scoping workshops held in locations across the state. The following type of information will be gathered at these workshops for each of the first 4 planning components:

· Identification of regional trail issues;

· Identification of regional trail needs;

· Identification of potential trail development opportunities;

For State Scenic Waterways, OPRD will gather input regarding potential river corridor additions to the State Scenic Waterway Program.

(Note: Snowmobile trail issues and needs will be addressed in all region workshops except Regions 1 and 5).

Early in the trails planning process, OPRD staff identified a total of 11 regions for the trails planning effort. Each region is of sufficient geographic area to have a unique set of trail related issues and associated management concerns. A series of issues workshops have been scheduled for locations in each of these regions (see map).
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

tdewitt
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Re: State Trails: Evening General Public Workshop Announceme

Postby tdewitt » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:54 am

Should we get together and make a list of the things we would like to see? That way if we only have a few minutes each to present we could each pick part of the list and not be going over the same issues.
BTW I plan on going to at least one maybe more if I can work them in.
06 KTM 950 Adventure
05 KTM 450 EXC plated
01 DRZ400 E plated
05 DL1000 V-Strom

JoeH
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby JoeH » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:52 pm

So is this just for state owned land? If so are there any riding areas on state land outside of TSF?

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:37 am

tdewitt wrote:Should we get together and make a list of the things we would like to see?

Terry: yes, go for it.

JoeH wrote:So is this just for state owned land? If so are there any riding areas on state land outside of TSF?

Joe: I believe it's for ALL trails, or at least that is State Park's intent.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

tdewitt
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby tdewitt » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:27 am

This applies to any OHV area that can get a Grant from parks. So yes BLM and National Forest would be included.
06 KTM 950 Adventure
05 KTM 450 EXC plated
01 DRZ400 E plated
05 DL1000 V-Strom

tdewitt
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby tdewitt » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:58 am

With the Parks meetings coming up at the end of October we should have plenty of time to get organized and present the needs that are important to us. That being said I feel it would be beneficial to have a meeting before had. We will have limited time to present our needs so we best go in prepared.
Meeting Date: Tuesday October 14th.
Meeting time: 7:30 pm
Meeting place: MSMC club house
Please RSVP me via PM if you plan on attending. Terry
06 KTM 950 Adventure
05 KTM 450 EXC plated
01 DRZ400 E plated
05 DL1000 V-Strom

oregonsage
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby oregonsage » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:15 pm

tdewitt wrote:With the Parks meetings coming up at the end of October we should have plenty of time to get organized and present the needs that are important to us. That being said I feel it would be beneficial to have a meeting before had. We will have limited time to present our needs so we best go in prepared.

Thanks for organizing folks up that way Terry

tdewitt
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby tdewitt » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:39 am

tdewitt wrote:With the Parks meetings coming up at the end of October we should have plenty of time to get organized and present the needs that are important to us. That being said I feel it would be beneficial to have a meeting before had. We will have limited time to present our needs so we best go in prepared.

Since posting this I have not had one RSVP or anyone show any interest at all. I guess there is no need to meet before hand.
06 KTM 950 Adventure
05 KTM 450 EXC plated
01 DRZ400 E plated
05 DL1000 V-Strom

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:15 pm

tdewitt wrote:Please RSVP me via PM if you plan on attending. Terry

Since posting this I have not had one RSVP or anyone show any interest at all. I guess there is no need to meet before hand.[/quote]

Terry, I'm fine with meeting, but Tuesdays are a challenge.

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Statewide Trails Plan Workshops

Postby Tawmass » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:06 pm

http://www.ktvz.com/news/statewide-trai ... d/28108796

Statewide Trails Plan Workshops

BEND, Ore. -
The Oregon Parks and Recreation Department invites comments on the development of a statewide comprehensive trails plan at 14 workshops scheduled throughout the state in October, including Bend. on Oct 23.

Planning will cover motorized ATV trails, snowmobile trails, nonmotorized trails, water trails and state Scenic Waterways.

Trail users, representatives of outdoor recreation businesses and other stakeholders are encouraged to attend to provide feedback on regional trail issues and needs and to help identify trail development opportunities.

Workshop participants will also identify potential river corridors to be considered as additions to the Oregon Scenic Waterway Program, which sets aside river corridors for recreation and resource protection.

Under direction from Governor Kitzhaber, OPRD studies at least three waterways every two years to see if they could be added to the scenic waterway system. Information on the process is available at: http://www.oregon.gov/oprd/Trail_Progra ... ocess.aspx.

Feedback from the workshops will be used to update the current Statewide Trails Plan for Oregon that was completed in 2005. The final product - to be titled Oregon Trails 2015: a Vision for the Future - is scheduled for completion in December 2015.

Workshops are scheduled from 6 to 8 p.m. as follows:

Oct. 1, Pendleton, Little Vert Theater Room (downstairs), 345 SW Fourth St.
Oct. 2, The Dalles, Mid-Columbia Fire and Rescue, 1400 W. Eighth St.
Oct. 6, Mt. Vernon, Mt. Vernon Community Hall, 199 W. Main St.
Oct. 7, Burns, Harney County Chamber of Commerce, 484 N. Broadway Ave.
Oct. 8, Ontario: Four Rivers Culture Center Medical Arts Room, 676 SW Fifth Ave.
Oct. 9, Baker City: Baker City Public Library, 2400 Resort St.
Oct. 20, Coos Bay: Coos Bay Public Library, 525 Anderson Ave.
Oct. 21, Rogue River: Live Oak Grange Hall, 120 Gardiner St.
Oct. 22, Klamath Falls: Klamath County Museum, 1451 Main St.
Oct. 23, Bend: East Bend Library, 62080 Dean Swift Road
Oct. 27, Lincoln City: Driftwood Public Library, 801 SW Highway 101
Oct. 28, Salem: Center for Business and Industry, Room 115, 626 High St. NE.
Oct. 29, Portland: Portland Fire Station #12, 8645 NE Sandy Blvd.
Oct. 30, Eugene: Washington Park Center, 2025 Washington St.

For information on the Trails Planning Project and to view the current plan, go to: http://www.oregon.gov/oprd/Trail_Progra ... Plans.aspx.

Return to “Land Use/Legislation”