AMA News: E15 now available in Minneapolis.

Go here to discuss issues about keeping our riding areas open and protecting your right to ride!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

AMA News: E15 now available in Minneapolis.

Postby Tawmass » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:51 am

This is a very serious problem which affects all OHVers. It's already bad enough that we are forced to run E10 currently, now they're ramming E15 down our fuel caps. This is especially paramount for us two-stroke powered riders, since ethanol absorbs moisture. I know of two close friends who have lost the bottom ends of their KTM two strokers due to ethanol rusting out the main bearings. If you use ethanol, you will pay. I personally run non-ethanol gas (plus mix with AV gas) in any of my motors that don't run on pavement, i.e. chainsaws, weedeaters, etc. And the issues that have cropped up with carburetors is huge also. EFI may not be as much of a concern, but the jury is still out on that.
-Tom

American Motorcyclist Association
E15 now available in Minneapolis.

The AMA has repeatedly expressed concerns to government officials and federal lawmakers about possible damage to motorcycle and ATV engines caused by the inadvertent use of E15.

Minnesota Ag commissioner endorses E15
http://www.startribune.com
Minnesota’s agriculture commissioner on Wednesday endorsed E15 at ceremony in Minneapolis for the first gas station in the state to offer the 15 percent ethanol blend

To learn more about the actions taken by the AMA, please visit our website at: http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/rig ... ought.aspx
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

xr4fun
Amateur Class
Amateur Class

Re: AMA News: E15 now available in Minneapolis.

Postby xr4fun » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:06 am

I'm signed up for AMA's "Take Action" emails and by clicking a couple buttons I was able to send an email to my congressional representative to inform her nicely where I would like her to put the ethanol. I'm with Tom, all my non-pavement engines get non-ethanol fuel.
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S. Eliot

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 am

American Motorcyclist Association wrote:The EPA needs to hear from you on E15
Submit comments before the deadline, Jan. 28!

Submit Comments!

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency issued a rule proposal to reduce the total amount of ethanol required in transportation fuel nationwide in 2014. The AMA supports this proposal because it could slow the introduction of E15, a gasoline formulation that contains up to 15 percent ethanol by volume, into the marketplace. The AMA opposes E15 because it can cause engine and fuel system damage to your motorcycle or ATV.

However, the EPA needs to hear from you to make changes to the ethanol mandate, known as the Renewable Fuel Standard, a reality.

The EPA is seeking public comments now on the rule proposal. You can tell them how this proposal will help protect 22 million motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles in America -- and the riders who depend on their safe operation -- from inadvertent misfueling.

The deadline for comments is Jan. 28! Act today to ensure your voice is heard.

For the latest information on the American Motorcyclist Association’s efforts to protect your access to safe fuels, go to http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/new ... _2014.aspx.

The EPA's policy is that all comments received will be included in the public docket without change and may be made available online at www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided.

Now more than ever, it is crucial that you and your riding friends become members of the AMA or ATVA to help protect our riding freedoms. More members mean more clout against the opponents of motorcycling and ATV riding. That support will help fight for your rights – on the road, trail, racetrack, and in the halls of government. If you are a motorcycle rider, join the AMA at AmericanMotorcyclist.com/membership/join. If you a re an ATV rider, join ATVA at www.atvaonline.com.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

JoeH
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby JoeH » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:08 am

There is way more money behind ethanol, than the AMA could ever compete with. Huge scam, right up there at the top of the pile of *(poop)* the government forces on us...

Ace!
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Ace! » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:11 am

xr4fun wrote:I'm signed up for AMA's "Take Action" emails and by clicking a couple buttons I was able to send an email to my congressional representative to inform her nicely where I would like her to put the ethanol...

+1
2011 DR650 - plated

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:26 pm

American Motorcyclist Association wrote:The EPA needs to hear from you on E15
Submit comments before the deadline, Jan. 28!

Submit Comments!

You have less than two weeks to tell the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency that you support its proposal to reduce the total amount of ethanol required in transportation fuel nationwide in 2014.

The AMA supports this proposal because it could slow the introduction of E15, a gasoline formulation that contains as much as 15 percent ethanol by volume, into the marketplace. The AMA opposes E15 because it can cause engine and fuel system damage to your motorcycle or ATV, and can void manufacturer’s warranties.

You play an important role in convincing the EPA to change the 2014 ethanol mandate under the Renewable Fuel Standard.

As of Jan. 17, the EPA has heard from more than 4,000 motorcyclists! But the EPA needs to hear from more of you to counter the pro-ethanol groups that want E15 to be sold throughout the country.

During this public comment period, you can tell the agency how this proposal will help protect 22 million motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles in America -- and the riders who depend on their safe operation -- from inadvertent misfueling.

Don’t forget, the deadline for comments is Jan. 28! Act today to ensure your voice is heard.

For the latest information on the American Motorcyclist Association’s efforts to protect your access to safe fuels, go to http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/new ... _2014.aspx.

The EPA's policy is that all comments received will be included in the public docket without change and may be made available online at http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided.

Now more than ever, it is crucial that you and your riding friends become members of the AMA or ATVA to help protect our riding freedoms. More members mean more clout against the opponents of motorcycling and ATV riding. That support will help fight for your rights – on the road, trail, racetrack, and in the halls of government. If you are a motorcycle rider, join the AMA at AmericanMotorcyclist.com/membership/join. If you a re an ATV rider, join ATVA at http://www.atvaonline.com.

Return to “Land Use/Legislation”