2016 Ghost and Goblin Poker Run

Postby wdratsloper » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:35 pm

CYA JOE STAGG Image

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Re: 2016 Ghost and Goblin Poker Run

Postby Tawmass » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:13 pm

Leading up to the Annual Ghost & Goblin Poker Run, Ma Nature beamed brightly on us, but once it was time for the Poker Run, tears fell from above. Plus, my little 200's clutch went the way of the purple goose, so I had to dig up my 300 to help with course work.

SteveR, BillW, RichardR, MarkD, DaveE, JoeF and I busted our fannies setting things up. Pretty soon MRA club members were coming out of the woodwork to come help - what a team effort! Of course, Saturday night before the event, we had trick-or-treaters roaming through the pits in their intricate costumes.

On the morning of the event, we figured it would be a bust due to the weather, but southern Oregon riders are hearty and a few raindrops won't affect them! Well, one person in particular (initials CJ) was leaning over the fence making plenty of noise early Sunday morn. But everyone else was in Poker Run mode! The Tech Check was lined up, and the girls were getting everyone signed up! JeffM MC'd the mandatory rider's meeting, then everyone was off!

I was assigned to run B sweep with BillW on ATVs, so this was a somewhat new experience for me. We set out on the course herding cats along the way and made our way eventually to the checkpoints. Wow, MarkD's checkpoint was pimped out, complete with tasty chow for the riders!

Per the video below, our adventure was fraught with issues, which kept our day from being boring! Once we made it back to the finish, it was prize time! MRA offered prizes for best, kid's costumes, plus handed out the check for $1000!! A tip of the Shoei to all the volunteer help, and especially Steve Robinson for chairing the event - it's a LOT of work, but worthwhile when everyone has fun! Be sure and show up for next year's event! In fact, we look forward to seeing you at next Spring's May Day Poker Run!
-Tom

<---Best viewed in HD, full screen!
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Re: 2016 Ghost and Goblin Poker Run

Postby Tawmass » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:28 pm

But wait, yet more sweep video, this time it's from Bill Ward!

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Poker Run Events”