The spark?

This is the place to post about anything non-OHV related.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

edgy
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

The spark?

Postby edgy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Could Trump be the spark that ignites the country to change its direction by way of millions of people standing up to the politics as usual group? I highly doubt if the people of this country are smart enough to vote for a change of direction, so if and when Killery gets in, are you ready to roll over or stand up and say enough is enough? I am, our children,grand children are depending on us. I personally don't think either one of them should be choices, but we've got to turn this nation in a different direction... I would rather have an butt$&@@ successful business man in charge than a career lying politician. The least of two evils. He has got this far by tapping into millions of Americans total and absolute disgust with our Government,Politicians,And all the back room deals that have sold all of us down the drain for their One World Plan. America First, while we still have the ability to do so. God help us all, if Main Stream Media gets her elected, but unfortunately they will. Are you well stocked with ammo?

Ace!
Life Member
Life Member

Re: The spark?

Postby Ace! » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:56 am

Sounds like you might start shooting up the place?
2011 DR650 - plated

edgy
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby edgy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:30 pm

What place? It's a tad more deep than that. Do you think that just going out and causing mayhem is going to solve anything? Need to look a lot deeper my friend to the focused response that would bring about change. Runnining around shooting in the air or whatever is best left to idiots,which I'm not. Change is coming, I hope it's peaceful... But I don't think that is going to be the way it goes down. That's why I want a drastic change in our country's direction which I don't believe a lifelong corrupt politician can or will bring for us. Civil disobedience is not a bad thing,mayhem by idiots is another thing.

Ace!
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Ace! » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:20 am

I didn't understand your comment about ammo. I thought that to mean actual ammunition for firearms, and wasn't sure how that related to your post, so I was asking the question. Maybe you're writing in a philosophical or theoretical sense, but ultimately, you're not very clear.
2011 DR650 - plated

mudpie
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby mudpie » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:31 am

The fact that we have to chose between the lesser of two evils is sickening. Should not be a lesser of two evils, should be the best of two goods.
You may all go to hell, and I'll go to Texas.
If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of 'em.

Ace!
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Ace! » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:36 pm

A two-party system gives you a choice. What more do you want? You can choose a *(poop)* sandwich or a different *(poop)* sandwich :) We only have a two-party system because people don't have the courage to vote their conscience. I think this is the perfect election year to choose a third party, if that's the closest candidate to align with your own beliefs. Really, what's the difference? You can either choose a *(poop)* sandwich, or choose the other *(poop)* sandwich, or vote for the best of the candidates outside of the two-party system that is (seemingly) forced down our throats.

No offense meant, but when people say they are voting for the lesser of two evils, it drives me nuts. Do you spend the rest of your life looking at the two least desirable things and choose the second worst? When you go to a restaurant do you look for the thing you want the least and then order the thing you want second-least? When you look for a doctor, do you choose the second least likely to take care of you? Do you take your car to the second worst mechanic in town? Buy the second worst bike you can find? We have been conditioned to choose the lesser of two evils, but there is NO ONE forcing us to choose the lesser of two evils. It is self-imposed. What that leads to, and it has finally come to the conclusion it always leads to, is the two worst choices. You can't, over time, when given only two choices, expect you'll get the two best choices. It is a system that leads to two poorer and poorer choices, until you get to what we have now.

The only thing that prevents the best candidate from winning is receiving fewer votes. The only way to effect change is to change the way we do things. If we continue to choose the lesser of two evils, we will continue to be ruled by one of the two worst candidates.
2011 DR650 - plated

edgy
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby edgy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:52 pm

I agree with both of you. Mudpie, if someone comes in profusely bleeding,job one is to stop the bleeding,that's what I hope Trump could do... Give America some time by moving in another direction,in other words buy some time before we bleed out. Ace, yep having only a choice between 2 *(poop)* piles sucks for sure,but I think that if by some miracle Trump could get elected that maybe,just possibly that Main Street America might find the strength and will to bring about the change that our country so desperately needs...a unified voice that wants serious change in our country. As long as we the people allow ourselves to be coerced,manipulated,lied to,taxed to death,the list goes on we all know it. Voting for the lesser of two evils is what we have allowed,but we can't continue down the path were going. To keep going left,we will soon be a third world country by lowering our standard to that of the rest of the world. We have been the leader of the supposed free world for a long time,we need some time out to recoup,reconsider and stop the bleeding. Wasting your vote to show your dissatisfaction for the two *(poop)* bags running in our two party system is a waste. Ammo,can be taken either way. Change has to come,I'm not so sure our system by the vote will bring that about,we've lost too much will and hope. Neither candidate is worth a *(poop)*..my godamn dog is a better choice

Ace!
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Ace! » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:51 pm

You need to get your dog on the ballot!

"Wasting" your vote to show dissatisfaction is supporting the two party system. Voting your conscience is the "change" our political system needs. There is a difference. If you call it wasting your vote, you might as well say you're content with the two *(poop)* sandwiches. My opinion, but it takes courage to vote outside the box. If we keep saying we want change and don't have the courage to do something different, we'll always have the same. We will always talk ourselves out of doing the scary thing. We'll always tell ourselves, not this time, next time, there is too much to lose. But, what that means is we'll always be one decision behind making real change happen.

I understand what you're saying, that this election is too important. It may be a game changer for the political future of America. That's when we need a "spark." We need to vote our conscience, right now, not tomorrow, not next time. This time. Maybe that means Trump for you and Hillary for some other voter, but what it really means (every election cycle), is that if you don't vote your conscience, you vote for the status quo. The ammo is the ballot.
2011 DR650 - plated

edgy
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby edgy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:53 pm

Ace, I totally respect your views. This election is not about T or C. It's about a change of direction,good,bad or ugly. We as a country cannot continue on this path. Voting our conscience is great when we have candidates that we trust to implement the will of the majority, unfortunately the two party system of the Dog And Pony show put on by the corrupt political system we allowed to control and feed us Make us feel good BS, is so powerful that not voting left or right, at this point in time is a wasted vote. America is at a cross roads,this election is where this country will go... Down the toilet or an unknown. If we got anything out of T...he has exposed the total farce of our electoral process. His comments about accepting defeat,just may have lit the fuse to ignite the spark of people who are WAY pissed off about what the status quo politicos that have got us into this *(poop)* hole, at home and abroad. Philippine leader has just said F you USA and has sided with China and Russia. Just an example where this liberal leftist policy has left us standing in the worlds eyes. How soon they forgot...I haven't. WE CANNOT CONTINUE DOWN THIS PATHH!!! Casting a I don't like either one vote is a waste... They don't care. Ammo is not the the ballot...it's gunpowder... It's sad,it's ugly.... It's change. God help us all,because Trump, win or lose has lit the spark.

Ace!
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Ace! » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:26 am

Everyone ready for tonight/tomorrow?
2011 DR650 - plated

edgy
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby edgy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:48 pm

Hopefully Americans are not as stupid as I think they are. Time will tell. Either way, that spark is strong...what it ignites,who knows?

edgy
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby edgy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:13 am

Main Street America spoke loud and clear!

Ace!
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Ace! » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:15 am

I'm not disappointed, but I am surprised.
2011 DR650 - plated

edgy
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby edgy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:13 pm

Thank god that the "we the people" stood up and said *(I'm a pottymouth)* you to the status quo.

edgy
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby edgy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:19 pm

Btw... We won,you lost... Now go get a job and get off the government tit...I'm not going to support your worthless existence any more

Return to “Off Topic”