Meanwhile in South Carolina......

For those with more than two wheels!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

clayx450

Meanwhile in South Carolina......

Postby clayx450 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:42 pm

This was the starting line on Sunday 20 min before the flag dropped at my old series I ran back in NC/SC. The series is called the Mid East Hare Scramble Series. I wish we could get something like this here. It would be AMAZING!!!
MEHSSCAW.jpg
MEHSSCAW.jpg (49.71 KiB) Viewed 1195 times

kenr74
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Re: Meanwhile in South Carolina......

Postby kenr74 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:38 pm

I was wondering why the ATV class is so small. I grew up on quads but quit riding them about 10 years ago. I have never ridden dirt other than the GP series and bet I'm not alone.

Need to figure out how to attract the right people to come race. Don't need most of them but I bet there are a ton of good people out there that would like dirt if they tried it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to thank my sponsors...............................

but I don't have any.

clayx450

Postby clayx450 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:46 pm

I'd give the shirt off my back to almost all the guys and gals lined up to race in that pic. If you ever get the chance to race an XC race in the south, do it.

Miss Mary
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Miss Mary » Tue May 22, 2012 2:35 pm

I was really hoping that since WORCS was not coming north at all this year a few more of those riders would come out to the OMRA events. Sadly, I think a lot of people in general have drifted away from racing ATVs. :(

In better news I get to see my GNCC friend Richie Brown in Mexico this next week!

(I just hate to end a post on a sad note)
Why did we have to come home from Mexico????

clayx450

Postby clayx450 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:40 pm

He is a KTM rider right?

Miss Mary
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Miss Mary » Wed May 23, 2012 7:52 am

Yes. & He's kind of a small feller.

Super nice guy & a lot of fun. Everyone's really happy he's got hooked up with the Baja team.
Why did we have to come home from Mexico????

Naeve44
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Naeve44 » Sat May 26, 2012 4:45 am

I think the biggest problem is most people that ride atv's is that they ride sand. I have one guy I've introduced to the site that rides atvs and he'll be at the next gp with hopefully a friend. My biggest problem getting new people to come is that they are intimidated by the concept of racing and I try to explain its very family orientated and layed back. The few that do come keep coming.
2015 KTM 350xcf
2008 RM 250 44U
2003 RM 250 10e
1999 Honda Valkyrie

clayx450

Postby clayx450 » Sat May 26, 2012 8:01 pm

My biggest problem getting new people to come is that they are intimidated by the concept of racing and I try to explain its very family orientated and layed back.

Yeah, that is an issue with guys I see at the ORV Park on JBLM. I see guys on quads and tell them they should give racing a try. Even if they line up in the beginner line..it's fun! I remember my first race...I lined up in C Class at a GNCC looking at these guys to my left and right with full race quads and thinking "well here we go on my bone stock quad." I think I got 3 laps in, hit a tree and bent a tie-rod, broke my upper A-arm and broke the plastic. After that...I was hooked. I can almost say with certainty that my worst race beats most of my best days trail riding. Unless I am getting seat time with my race team or race family back east. Every day I ride with them class is in session.

Return to “ATV's”