Jones Creek area

Jones Creek TrailRiders Association ~ www.jctra.org

Moderators: OMRA, Tawmass, JoeMcLaughlin, mikeames

Bryan Fix
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Jones Creek area

Postby Bryan Fix » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:54 pm

Was out on the logging roads was surprised to see so many Quads in the Staging area don't know where they went but I was able to find some snow at the higher elevations....

Was able to watch them doing a little logging

heavyd
Sportsman Class
Sportsman Class

Re: Jones Creek area

Postby heavyd » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:49 pm

Brian looks like a good day. I am hoping to get up there is a couple of weeks to give my guad a workout.
Harry
Harry Dritz

Bryan Fix
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Bryan Fix » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:34 am

Harry,

Good to see you on the Forum, not a lot of activity here but it's local it would be great to see more Quad people on here, so far it's just you and me.

heavyd
Sportsman Class
Sportsman Class

Postby heavyd » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:46 am

More will probably speak up as time goes on. My new clutch shows up this week. I'll install it next weekend then I will be really ready to try it out..
Harry Dritz

mikeames
Expert Class
Expert Class

Postby mikeames » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:37 am

Sorry to crash your thread guy but I have a question for you.
Why do you think the quad presence, both sport and especially utility at the Hangover Scrambles has bee steadily dwindling every year? At this rate it won't me too much longer before it won't be worth having a race slot for them...
Curious to hear your thoughts.

heavyd
Sportsman Class
Sportsman Class

Postby heavyd » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:59 am

Mike.
I am a newcomer to quads. Having ridden bikes for years when I was younger.
All I can tell you is that myself Brian and another new to guads buddy would very much like to get out more with your group. I started kinda late in the last year so this year should be a great time for getting dirt.
Harry Dritz

Bryan Fix
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Bryan Fix » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:21 pm

heavyd wrote:More will probably speak up as time goes on. My new clutch shows up this week. I'll install it next weekend then I will be really ready to try it out..

Where you having problems with your clutch?
Last edited by Bryan Fix on Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bryan Fix
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Bryan Fix » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:25 pm

mikeames wrote:Sorry to crash your thread guy but I have a question for you.
Why do you think the quad presence, both sport and especially utility at the Hangover Scrambles has bee steadily dwindling every year? At this rate it won't me too much longer before it won't be worth having a race slot for them...
Curious to hear your thoughts.

Mike,

I'm fairly new to the sport I figure the scramble is more of a race. I'm not interested in racing my Quad just having fast fun on trails with some buddies. Can't speak for other Quad riders but that's my thoughts. Now not knowing anything about the Scramble maybe you can enlighten me, is it a race or what exactly is it.

mikeames
Expert Class
Expert Class

Postby mikeames » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Yes, it is definitely a race...and I'm not much of a racer either.
We had a significant quad class many years ago when I first got involved... but the last 3-4 years it has shrunk quite a bit.
Thanks though.

heavyd
Sportsman Class
Sportsman Class

Postby heavyd » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:41 pm

Brain no I wasn't having any problems with it, just wanted to put a better one in to keep up with the mods I made during the down time...

Mike sounds like fun but too late now I will be there next time
Harry Dritz

Bryan Fix
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Bryan Fix » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:44 pm

mikeames wrote:Yes, it is definitely a race...and I'm not much of a racer either.
We had a significant quad class many years ago when I first got involved... but the last 3-4 years it has shrunk quite a bit.
Thanks though.

I have raced Bicycles at PIR and have witnessed major crashes because of competitiveness, and some riders not having the skills to be racing in the first place, and I spend way to much on my Bicycles to be in a crash because someone makes a wrong move that piles everyone up. Now that was when I was much younger, and dare I say much more bulletproof. Fast forward to today I'm now 55 and not interested in that sort of thing. The trails at Jones creek are perfect when I see the Hot Shots on their dirt bikes come racing up behind me, I just pull over as soon as the trail allows and let them fly on by. I don't heal up as fast as I used to, but I'm sure there are many out there willing to race their Quads I just ain't one of them.

Bryan Fix
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Bryan Fix » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:49 pm

heavyd wrote:Brain no I wasn't having any problems with it, just wanted to put a better one in to keep up with the mods I made during the down time...

Mike sounds like fun but too late now I will be there next time

Not a fixit guy but have been thinking about that clutch upgrade myself. I have found out since owning my Can Am there is something called a "Can-Am KLUNK" that has something to do with the stock clutch, but a aftermarket clutch kit takes care of that and I would like to do it, just not that mechanically inclined.

heavyd
Sportsman Class
Sportsman Class

Postby heavyd » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Yeah mine makes the same noise hopefully the kit with take care of it. It's not that hard. If you get a quality kits they have detailed instructions .
Harry Dritz

heavyd
Sportsman Class
Sportsman Class

Postby heavyd » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:57 pm

But I would really put a better belt on its really easy
Harry Dritz

Bryan Fix
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Bryan Fix » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:02 pm

heavyd wrote:But I would really put a better belt on its really easy

I know the belt will not help with the KLUNK but your right I would probably notice a big Difference.

Return to “JCTRA M/C”