Medical DQ

This forum is for the competition folks to discuss how best to make things fair for racing events.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Medical DQ

Postby LonnieTheGreat » Tue May 25, 2010 9:35 am

I know this will stir a lot of mixed and possibly heated feelings, but here are some thoughts I have had lately.

Someone has an ulgy crash, takes a good smack on the noggin. They get up. Sometimes they know they are done. Sometimes they are coherent enough to know just get back to camp. Sometimes thier only thought is get going before loosing too much time. Sometimes They finish the race. Sometimes they get back to camp ok. Sometimes they have another crash that is even worse than the first. Mabey even fatal. Next thing you know the family is saying " someone should have stopped him"

I realize the EMTs can't be at every crash on a 15-100 mile course, but if they they had the power through an OMRA rule to end someone's day, mabey they could save a life at the crashes they do get to.

Believe it or not, I really don't want so many rules that we each need to bring a lawyer t the race. When we think about the worst case possibel, mabey this isn't a bad idea. We can atleast argue about it for a few weeks.
I may be hung as an insurgent, but I will spit in the face of the hangman!!

OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Maverick » Tue May 25, 2010 10:03 am

Assume your own risk—I'm sure it says something like that on the waivers. The OMRA volunteers are spread thin and have more than enough rules that are hard enough to enforce. If a rider goes down, waits for an EMT, gets checked out, then speeds off again...he gets what he deserves. Who's race day wouldn't essentially be over after that much time and a fiasco like that regardless?

Sign the waiver, go about your day however you prefer, enough with the rules(IMO).
Jon Beaver
2017 KTM 500 EXC
2016 KTM 350 XCF
2015 YZ 450F

OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby dlharte » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:36 pm

I am with John on this one. I finished Heppner 2 years ago with one eye shut....because with both open I was seeing double and couldn't decide which trail I should follow. Well to be honest I only had to ride 3 or 4 miles like that but you get the point.

The less power people have over me the happier I am.
OMRA Competition Director
Team NORA and Off-Road Dad

Return to “Racing Rulebook Discussions”