Trail Changes in the Upper Nestucca OHV Riding Area

Applegate Rough Riders M/C ~ www.arrmc.com

Moderators: OMRA, Tawmass, MBGRAPHIX, lclark, JonXX

lclark
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Trail Changes in the Upper Nestucca OHV Riding Area

Postby lclark » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:31 am

Due to some environmental obligations and trail repairs currently going on in the riding area, there are a few trails that have been closed permanently (with reroutes) and temporarily (winter to open in spring).

Trail changes:
Closed permanently with reroute - #102, #48, & #49 – The new #102 reroute trail is just to the south of #102 on both the E and W ends.

Closed permanently with reroute - #38 & #39 – The new #38 reroute has been installed from the W end of #40 towards the W and S that ties back into #30.

Partial closer with reroute - #6 SW end – Closed permanently due to mud holes that have gotten out of control and unrepairable from 4X4’s and quad mudders. The reroute comes off #6 (S side of pavement) about half way down the trail, cuts to the S, and comes out on Homestead road.

New trails - #11 has been reopened from the logging that happened several years ago with a totally new section added in. These trails give an easier route up #12 (Heart Attack).

New trail (No name or # yet) – this joins the #102 reroute W end with #89 SE end.

Under Repair – There are several trials around Grassy Flats that BLM is working on with $ from a Grant. There will be no permanent closers, but some of the trails will be closed for the winter so repairs can stabilize.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE follow the signs and rules. Do not try to reopen closed trails or ride around the Temporarily Closed signs. These are all good changes for us and we need to adhere to them.

We have around 15 more miles of trails we will be installing in the next few years and a lot of that hinges on whether people stay off the closed trails and take care of the riding area.

Please be a responsible rider and obey the signs. Yes, this is a public riding area and you have the right to ride there. But, you do not have the right to tear things up and ride where you are not supposed too. Remember, peole are watching and look for reasons to close the trails down for all.

Questions?
Call Lance Clark (Applegate Rough Riders) at (503) 623-3431 or BLM (Debra Drake) (503) 581-1100

Thank you,
Lance
Lance Clark, President
Applegate Rough Riders Motorcycle Club
Suzuki DR 350, Gas Gas Pampera, Gas Gas 450 FSE, Gas Gas EC300R

kenr74
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby kenr74 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:54 am

Crap!! No fair posting all these trail numbers when I don't have my map with me. Guess I'll have to wait until I get home to see what is happening.

lclark
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby lclark » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:35 am

Sorry kenr74, is this better?

Closed:
#48 - Warner's Shortcut (Environmental reasons, reroute runs parallel just to the south)
#49 - X-trail (Environmental reasons)
#102 - Warner's Link (Environmental reasons)
#38 - Gary's Section (Environmental reasons, and has been closed for a few years)
#39 - June's (Environmental reasons, reroute parallels just to the north)
#6 - East side tie (just SE end is closed while the reroute is dryer and goes S to Homestead Road)

These trails were closed for environmentally sensitive reasons, so if people try to reopen and ride these trails, it will not be good for us.

Not sure yet which trails BLM is working on. I will know more in the coming weeks.

Lance
Lance Clark, President

Applegate Rough Riders Motorcycle Club

Suzuki DR 350, Gas Gas Pampera, Gas Gas 450 FSE, Gas Gas EC300R

kenr74
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby kenr74 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:38 am

Yep, I don't know any of the numbers but names sound familiar.

Return to “ARR M/C”