Rear Shock Shot ?

Technical articles, tips, tricks and advice from the experts (and there are plenty of you!) on jetting, suspension, riding techniques, muffler bearings, powerband installation or anything dirt.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

mark-s
First Timer
First Timer

Rear Shock Shot ?

Postby mark-s » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:35 am

Hi guys, I don't know much about suspension so I was wondering if you would take a look at my video here:

https://youtu.be/bUuGcvZEI9M

And give me some feedback. I want a CRF125F Big Wheel so I am gonna send this YZ down the road.

Mark

Luke
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Re: Rear Shock Shot ?

Postby Luke » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:05 pm

Yup. It's shot. At the very least it needs a new shaft seal, new oil and a gas recharge. It looks like the oil is all gone so there may be damage to other parts as well. You won't know that until it's disassembled.

Unless you want to sell the bike as a project (at a project bike price) then have it rebuilt. Probably a little under $200 if it's just seals and oil. You should check the forks as well to see if they need work too.

mark-s
First Timer
First Timer

Postby mark-s » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Luke wrote:Yup. It's shot. At the very least it needs a new shaft seal, new oil and a gas recharge. It looks like the oil is all gone so there may be damage to other parts as well. You won't know that until it's disassembled.

Unless you want to sell the bike as a project (at a project bike price) then have it rebuilt. Probably a little under $200 if it's just seals and oil. You should check the forks as well to see if they need work too.

Thanks Man, appreciate it.

dirteyes
Pee-Wee Class
Pee-Wee Class

Postby dirteyes » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:55 pm

I agree its pretty shot. But I think it can still be rebuild.

Return to “Technical”