Battery Replacement for ICO checkmate computer

Technical articles, tips, tricks and advice from the experts (and there are plenty of you!) on jetting, suspension, riding techniques, muffler bearings, powerband installation or anything dirt.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Wells64z
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Battery Replacement for ICO checkmate computer

Postby Wells64z » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:33 pm

My battery is about to die on my CheckMate Enduro Computer and heard changing the battery yourself can do more harm than saving a few bucks. Has anyone or someone they know used the Battery Replacement service provided by ICO racing?

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Re: Battery Replacement for ICO checkmate computer

Postby Tawmass » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:22 am

Hey Jamie, I'm in the same boat. Should you decide to send yours in, let me know and I'll send mine in with yours. The guy I bought my ICO Checkmate from said he had it done and, although it took awhile, it was a turnaround ordeal. It also costs $50. Being somewhat cheap, and a geek, I investigated other options (I hate monopolies) and found this post if you dare:

http://www.ecea.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=24687

Seems a bit complicated, but should work if patient. ICO's new office is now in the Bay Area, FYI.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

jb15
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby jb15 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:58 pm

mine says low battery now
coffee don't fax worth a damn

Wells64z
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Wells64z » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:06 am

Tom, I will let you know when I purchase and ship it (either this week or after the Holiday). Can't believe how much they charge to to replace the dang battery or why it takes awhile (up to a week). I can be the guinea pig and let you know how it goes.

Return to “Technical”