Wee Beasty Page Index: Updated 3/29/2013
This is the MASTER INDEX
for the 2012 KTM 350 EXC-F: Building the perfect "Wee Beasty."
It lists the page-links to the "starting points" for the following topics.
The topics may run for several pages or be a single entry. NOTE:
This is not an exhaustive list of everything covered.
The page index simply makes it easier to find the starting point for a given topic.
I'll continue to update the index as more material, posts, and tips get posted.
• Prepping/greasing new wheels, axles, and wheel spacers
• Installing KTM Organic brake pads on the rear brake
• Using heat gun to move the end of a graphic "a little"
• Turning KTM "self-retracting" kickstand into a normal kickstand
• Installing footpeg springs
• Removing gas tank and initial internal inspection
• Pics of engine area (w/ gas tank removed), emissions equipment, and below seat
• Pics of air box, filter, and internal view of intake manifold
• Installing Shorai battery
• Routing and zip-tying various wires above air filter
• Anti-seize on seat bolt; using duct tape to keep bolt clean
• Installing KTM, quick-release, plastic skid platePage 2
• Initial start-up of engine and engine break-in procedure
• First engine oil change; cleaning filter screens and drain plug
• Pulling and draining fuel tank; remove fuel pump and wiring assemblyPage 3
• Remove fuel pump and wiring assembly (cont.)
• Cleaning fuel tank, pics of fuel pump; reassembly of fuel tank
• Installing the 10 micron Golan "Super Mini" filter
• Removing the KTM, black, 10 micron, in-line fuel filter
• Final Golan filter setup tipsPage 4
• Installing the KTM "sock filter" in the neck of the gas tank
• Installing the Akropovic slip-on exhaust and 92db spark-arrestor insert
• Removing the ECU; remapping the ECU
• Testing de-smogify steps; actual de-smogify procedure
• Relocating horn to location near swingarmPage 5
• Starting discussion point on adjusting valves (why it's important, etc.)
• Actual step-by-step procedure for checking and adjusting the valves >>> 2012 KTM 350 EXC-F: Adjusting/checking the valves on the Wee Beastyhttp://www.omraoffroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11399 >>> Step-by-step procedure for installing the DJH Manual Cam Chain Tensioner (CCT)http://www.omraoffroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12263
• Preparing cooling system for change-over to Engine Ice coolant
• Installing KTM radiator fan and Engine Ice coolant
• Installing lower-temperature rated sensor in radiator
• Installing Bulletprood Design (BPD) radiator guardsPage 6
• Installing heat shield on gas tank (behind radiator fan)
• Initial discusson an comments on selecting suspension springs
• More Akropovc pics
• Installing the P3 Exhaust Shield on header pipePage 7
• Changing gearing to 13-52T
• Upgrading to Dirt Tricks' "Ironman" sprockets
• Installing TM Design Chain Guide
• Installing the Bulletproof Design Guard for chain guidePage 8
• Modifying the brake pedal (to reduce clutch cover damage)
• Installing KTM HardParts Carbon Fiber (CF) clutch Cover Guard
• Installing the KTM HardParts Billet Oil-Fill Plug
• Swingarm clean up and greasing / Heim joint protection
• Mounting the Bulletproof Designs guard for the rear brake rotorPage 9
• Mounting the Bulletproof Designs guard for the rear brake rotor (cont.)
• Installing the KTM HardPart Clutch Slave-Cylinder Guard and Dirt Tricks 13T Countershaft Sprocket• Installing the Side Frame-Guard Protectors
• Installing DID "X-Ring" 520 VT2 Chain (for 13-52T gearing)
• Tightening the Countershaft Sprocket Bolt
• Aligning the Chain (align rear axle to parallel w/ swingarm pivot bolt)Page 10
• Setting the Chain Slack (with swingarm "level"/full tight)
• Marking the chain adjuster bolts for easy adjusting (<<< BIG TIP!!)
• Replacing Spring on Shock (from stock to PDS-4) and setting initial preload
• Installing the SAR Flush-Mount LED Turn Signals on the "Stock" Rear Fender
• Installing the 2012 350 XCF-W Rear Sub-Fender on the 2012 350 EXC-F
• Mounting the SAR Flush-Mount, LED Turn Signals on the 2012 350 XCF-W Sub-FenderPage 11
• Mounting the SAR Flush-Mount, LED Turn Signals on the 2012 350 XCF-W Sub-Fender (cont.)
• Mounting the License Plate on the 2012 350 XCF-W Sub-Fender
• Installing the "For Troy"
Rear Tugger Strap
• Installing the Front, Sicass Racing (SAR) LED Turn Signals
• Installing the SAR LED-Compatible Flasher Unit. (Needed if you run LED turn signals at both front and rear.)
• Why Mount a Scott's Steering Stabilizer and Sub-Mount?
• What Comes in Scott's Steering Stabilizer and Sub-Mount Kit
• Removing the Forks and Triple Clamp
• Installing the Clamp-on Tower for the Scott's Steering Stabilizer
• Reassembling and Torquing the Triple Clamps
• Setting the Height of the SSS Tower PinPage 12
• Check for Clearance Issues on the Scott's Steering Stabilizer
• "Low-Profile" Bolt for the Triple Clamp Pinch Bolt
• Fastway / Pro-Moto Billet Handguards ... and big foam rubber, flappy, handguard shields
• CEV Replacement Headlight / Turn Signal /Horn Switch
• Removing the Forks and Triple Clamp
• Malcom Smith Racing (MSR) Folding Mirror
• KTM HardParts Fork Bleeders
• Considering Moving the Ignition Switch ......
• Backup Ignition Key
Front Tugger Strap
• Example picture of "broken" swingarm at chain guide mounts (... and why you need the BPD Chain Guide Guard).
on type of Honda brand/Loc-Tite type used on Wee Beasty
I will update this Index as more content and links get added.