Mongos trail

Anything about trailriding - tell us about your favorite trail or bail!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

edgy
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Mongos trail

Postby edgy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:13 am

Anybody been on Mongos lately? That trail is in need of some serious work, its just trashed. Hopefully its on the radar for rework, the water has taken its toll on it. I know a few people who would probably lend a hand :D

Luke
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Re: Mongos trail

Postby Luke » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Yup, yup and yup. Getting down it was interesting. Can't imagine getting up it without making a mess.

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:59 pm

Reid said it's on the list of 'Must Do' trail reworks. You might confirm. Good thing, since last time I was on it, it was quite messed up.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

edgy
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby edgy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Well, if you had'nt run off to Shady Groove... You'd have something to do besides ride!...Lol

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:28 am

Hah, was just up there last weekend and rode for two days! Come down sometime and I'll show you around!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

edgy
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby edgy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:47 am

Tawmass wrote:Hah, was just up there last weekend and rode for two days! Come down sometime and I'll show you around!
-Tom

We are planning on it :D

KTMkidbrown
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby KTMkidbrown » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:07 pm

Jahmaal and I finished up our Mongos reroute yesterday, bypassing that horrible 5' deep rain rut. We also cut the two logs out of the trail (one you had to go under, and another people had made a route around). Next week, I hope to have the whole trail brushed back so you can actually see where you're going. For some of the other sections, I'm not sure how much more we can do at the moment. That large rut with the huge boulders is what it is, and within the next year, almost 2/3 of the trail will be turned back into road starting from the top, for a logging operation. The plan is to reroute the trail from where the new road stops, and have it extend beyond where the lower entrance to mongos takes off. It will stay side hill and eventually catch the Cedar Ridge trail. The reroute should make a continuous 11 mile section of trail from Cedar Creek campground all the way to the lower end of Cedar Ridge while only riding about 200' of road.

Reid

Shawn555
First Timer
First Timer

Postby Shawn555 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:53 pm

I rode mongos on Monday, good work on the re-route!
Bummer it's going away, one of my favorites.

Return to “Trailriding”