Jordan Creek trail washed out

Anything about trailriding - tell us about your favorite trail or bail!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

bryanaverill
In First Gear
In First Gear

Jordan Creek trail washed out

Postby bryanaverill » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:10 pm

Was riding yesterday and hit a major wash-out along Jordan Creek. There is only 6" of trail left and it looks like it wont last much longer. It would be a bummer if this trail dissapeared since it provided a southern connection for the loops we ride in this part of the OHV area. Is there a good detour? Does Morrel's Maze go all the way to Jordan Creek Trail?

JasonD
Pee-Wee Class
Pee-Wee Class

Re: Jordan Creek trail washed out

Postby JasonD » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:29 pm

The group I was with ran into that yesterday as well, we all walked our bikes across the section, by the time we got the last bike through there wasn't much of anything at the thinnest section and the rear tires barely made it across. Reid is aware of it and its on the list of things to get fixed asap.

Morrel's does go to the top of the road, same with Doughboy but to archers, though both trails are not something to be riding up.

bryanaverill
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby bryanaverill » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:55 am

Yep. That's what I'm talking about. We rode across carefully.

So, does Morrel's connect between Jordan Creek Trail and the road, thereby cutting off the washed out portion of Jordan Creek Trail?

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:30 am

bryanaverill wrote:So, does Morrel's connect between Jordan Creek Trail and the road, thereby cutting off the washed out portion of Jordan Creek Trail?

Yes, but it should be downhill only.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Revival2013
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Revival2013 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:25 pm

Sorry to see this. One of my favorite trails in the system.

KTMkidbrown
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby KTMkidbrown » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:14 am

Just an update on the Jordan Creek trail washout. Jahmaal, the operators, and I took a hike in the area earlier this week, and with the help of our computerized mapping system, we think we have a pretty good route in mind to bypass the blown out section of trail. It will connect the upper section of Jordan Creek Road and the current trail. It will bypass about half a mile of the current trail, but the new section is half a mile in itself, so overall, there should be no loss of trail distance.

In the meantime, we have trail closed signs posted at both ends. Hopefully that will keep people out until the trail is back open with the new rerouted section complete.

Reid

bryanaverill
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby bryanaverill » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:29 pm

Cool. Thanks much.

E-Ticket
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby E-Ticket » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:34 pm

KTMkidbrown wrote:Just an update on the Jordan Creek trail washout. Jahmaal, the operators, and I took a hike in the area earlier this week, and with the help of our computerized mapping system, we think we have a pretty good route in mind to bypass the blown out section of trail. It will connect the upper section of Jordan Creek Road and the current trail. It will bypass about half a mile of the current trail, but the new section is half a mile in itself, so overall, there should be no loss of trail distance.

In the meantime, we have trail closed signs posted at both ends. Hopefully that will keep people out until the trail is back open with the new rerouted section complete.

Reid

:notworthy:
"AYHIN"

Mine: '12 KTM 350 EXC-F (Wee Beasty); '99 Honda VFR 800i Interceptor
Wife's: '08 KTM 250 XCF-W, '04 Honda CBR600 F4i

Revival2013
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Revival2013 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:32 am

Good news. It's the first trail I found when I was new to the area and still one of my favorites. Any estimate of completion time?

KTMkidbrown
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby KTMkidbrown » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:01 pm

We are waiting for our final meeting with FEMA before we get approval for the reroute. Unfortunately, if we do the work before their approval, we wont get funding for the project. It's a messed up system when it comes to this type of situation, but those are the rules. We hope to have the approval in the next month or so.

Reid

Revival2013
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Revival2013 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:19 am

Thanks for the upate.

the go-devil
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby the go-devil » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:46 pm

The new Jordan Creek re-route is in and open if anybody wants to know. Went to investigate it today and it was a nice surprise. Thanks ODF and anybody else who revived this valuable trail.

Return to “Trailriding”