6/20/15 Trail Alder Clearing On Coast Range Trail

All info regarding volunteering in the Northwest part of our state.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

6/20/15 Trail Alder Clearing On Coast Range Trail

Postby Tawmass » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:15 pm

All,
We will be hosting an OMRA Trail Day up on Coast Range Trail [Tillamook Forest]. The OMRA will supply cool t-shirts to those that show, so RSVPing is a must for head count, simply email /call to:

Lyon Payne: lyonpayne@yahoo.com or call: 503-707-1021
Curt Schonbrod: traskforcecurt@gmail.com or call: 503-842-4972
Tom Niemela: tawmn@aol.com or call: 503-803-7837

Things to bring if you are able: your bike (since this is a single-track trail), wood zig/machete/limb saw or hatchet, lunch/water, gloves, eye protection and YOU!

What: Alder Clearing on Coast Range Trail
When: June 20 , 9am , meet at Keenig Creek Bridge on Hwy 6. Will leave for the trail promptly at 9:15AM!
Where: Coast Range Trail. From Lee's Camp Store on Hwy 6, go approximately 6 miles west to Keenig Creek exit (just after Jordan Creek) and cross bridge. GPS location: N45 32.675 W123 36.398

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Re: 6/20/15 Trail Alder Clearing On Coast Range Trail

Postby Tawmass » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:20 am

Yet another productive day of trail maintenance! Thanks heaps to Lyon Payne, Curt Schonbrod, Darin Filosi. Charles Merritt and Chuck Merritt! Also, the forestry map labels the trails wrongly. They call the Meusial downhill as Coast Range #65 and do not show the Coast Range Trail that was worked on. We will start pressing ODF about a much-needed trail machine trip through BPA Trail from Coast Range Road to the river gate spur.

Curt wrote:We did major brush clearing on coast range trail and fixed up an awful creek approach section and placed logs for bridge. so nice. We can ride clear to creek from east end without a single slap in the face. I will tune trails in the vicinity as this may serve as an anchor trail for the area. There are so many trails in this area and when it is coupled with Kansas, briar patch series and Hembre and radio it is incredible. The real stinker in the area is BPA down to the river from coast range. We really need a machine for some clearing and profile and drainage work on that trail. We made good use of OMRA saws. We had 4 saws going most of the time. Some places the brush was too thick to crawl through. I need to re tune the Meusial downhill that I made the rut bypass on. My new line is starting to get a slot. If I catch it soon it will hold up better. It is also brushy down at the bottom where you cross the stream and go out the spur. That is quite a long trail.

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Northwest Oregon”