12/29/14 Duane's Trail Reroute Work

All info regarding volunteering in the Northwest part of our state.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

12/29/14 Duane's Trail Reroute Work

Postby Tawmass » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Lyon Payne, John Stephenson and I headed out to do clearing on the classic Duane's Trail reroute. It was cold, snowy, windy, steep and we all took lipskids getting through the dog hair. I wish I still had cork boots. It didn't seem like we went very far (only about 4/10 of a mile), but we got the BIG windfalls out of the way, and there were plenty. Some of the cutting was scary and sketchy, but we made it through everything but one, fresh white fir that made me cringe - an accident waiting to happen, so we will retry another day on that particular one. Plan was to make a path for the ST240 Trail Machine, so it could start work sometime in early 2015 without any big trees in the way. We made a helluva start! And wow were we whipped at the end of the day!

Mad props to Lyon Payne and John Stephenson for their massive efforts on making this happen - THEY ROCK! Stage one is about done, then onto stage two!
-Tom

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Luke
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Re: 12/29/14 Duane's Trail Reroute Work

Postby Luke » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:29 pm

Tawmass wrote:....work sometime in early 2015.....

So what do you need help with and when's this happening ?

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:36 pm

Hey Luke, I have one more big (dangerous) tree to clear, then it's open for ODF's stage two and actual trail clearing/creating. I would guess when the logging is finished on Jordan Creek Road, which is around March. Stay tuned.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Luke
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Luke » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:41 am

I will keep an eye out.

Return to “Northwest Oregon”