7/8/14 Jordan Creek Trailwork in TSF

All info regarding volunteering in the Northwest part of our state.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

7/8/14 Jordan Creek Trailwork in TSF

Postby Tawmass » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:53 pm

Lobos MC asked if I might be able to help out with their course for the upcoming Lone Wolf ISDE on Sunday. Of course I'm happy to help. I was told that the original Mad Dog Murphy's Pumpkin Patch Trail had kind of a hole or washout in it and, if I had time, it would be really great if I could bench in the trail around the hole. No prob.

I picked up my buddy Lyon Payne today and we headed out. We started from the upper part of the original trail and made our way down. When we came to where the washout was (in my mind), we dove in. Trees were fell, grub hoes were swung. We ribboned the heck out of it too. Lyon and I spent almost three hours on just this section.

Whew - we were done! So we loaded up and went another 100 feet and holy moley - a massive hole was caving in the side of the trail! Evidently THIS was where the trail REALLY needed fixed! So we unloaded our tools and dove in again. Wow, this hole was REALLY bad and it wasn't just a drop off, but actually went back inward a bit under the trail. That section must've really puckered a few of the experts that went through it on the recent Devil's Head ISDE, as we saw the tire marks that confirmed it. We fell more trees and made more benching into the bank.

Once finished, we made our way out with no issues. The section is all ready for this weekend's ISDE. We ribboned the heck out of both sections, plus cleared the ferns. DO NOT RIDE ON THE LOGS OR YOU WILL PAY! The logs are ONLY there to stop you from dropping 50 feet straight down should you be asleep on the trail. Stay on the upper side of the trail benching and you will be fine. Enjoy the race this weekend everyone.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Northwest Oregon”