12/9/12 Tillamook Trailwork

All info regarding volunteering in the Northwest part of our state.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

12/9/12 Tillamook Trailwork

Postby Tawmass » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:36 am

(Note: this is the finish of an earlier trailwork effort on 11/4: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12837 )

Sunday morning, Lyon Payne and I headed out to meet Dave Hiatt at Trask County Park. We got there early and unbeknownst to me, up drove Donny Barron and his boy Ryan, and Mike Medick from Lobos M/C! Cool, didn't know they were going to show too. Once Dave showed, we all drove way up Old Toll Road, just past Bertha and started to unload the Rokons and the trailers. Then Chris Greene and Doug Horn were out trail riding and also showed up to help - another pleasant surprise - the more the merrier on this wet and drizzly day.

Dave had already towed a pallet of large cement bricks to the parking area. Lyon and I loaded up the Rokons and slowly started to haul them down to the bottom of Pothole Trail. On our way down we discovered there were a handful of windfalls that had blocked the route. Fortunately Dave had his chainsaw available and we eventually cleared the path and made our way to the bottom. After unloading the bricks, Lyon and I headed back for another load, while the others inserted the bricks into the path to deter soil erosion and to keep the stream clean. This was the cycle throughout the day. We also hauled down two culverts to allow the water to drain without blowing out the existing trail.

Fortunately, just as it was almost a requirement for headlights, we finished the last of the bricks. It was a long, tiring day, but we got 'er done!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

kenr74
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Re: 12/9/12 Tillamook Trailwork

Postby kenr74 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:27 am

I was wondering how they got those pavers into some of the places I see them. Thanks for the work. =D>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to thank my sponsors...............................

but I don't have any.

Rx2Ride
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Rx2Ride » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:50 am

AWESOME WORK GUYS! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK! :occasion5:

Where did you get the Rokon Trailers?
ETRA
2007 DR 650
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
2012 KTM 250XC-W
2003 TTR90
1998 XR 100

2006 Duramax

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:03 am

Rx2Ride wrote:Where did you get the Rokon Trailers?

They were custom made locally and work well for this purpose.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

dilyb
First Timer
First Timer

Postby dilyb » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 am

Nice work guys!
WOHVA Chair, NMA Volunteer, BRC, AMA Lifer
'04 EXC 450 monthly single track dirt sampler

bin Rydin
First Timer
First Timer

Postby bin Rydin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Thanks for the trail work :ride I always wondered how all those concrete pieces got into those places so far from anywhere, now I know. Must be thrilling going downhill on wet soil with a load of bricks behind you...

Return to “Northwest Oregon”