Trask Trail Work Party

All info regarding volunteering in the Northwest part of our state.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Flying-W
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Trask Trail Work Party

Postby Flying-W » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Racers Under The Son and ODF are having a trail work party in the TSF on July 29.

We'll target a few sections of trail between the East Fork and the North Fork that need some TLC. Dave Hiatt has suggested some rut and root removal and controlling water. It looks like some sections could use some hardening too.

Please bring 1 or 2 of your own hand tools (shovel, hoe, pick, Pulaski, McCloud, hatchet). If you can bring a QUAD (!!) and trailer, that would be bueno too as we will need to haul some rock.

Please RSVP to kent@rutsoregon.org and I will keep track of the list and coordinate with Dave H. \:D/

ODF\R.U.T.S. Trail Work Party
Headquarters Camp (Intersection of East Fork Trask River Rd & Headquarters Grade Rd)
Tillamook State Forest
Sunday July 29, 2012
9:00am – 1:00pm

This is event is part of the Race Gas program sponsored by Rocky Mtn ATV\MC. Each participant will receive a $10 gift certificate to Rocky Mtn ATV\MC for products they sell. In essence, Rocky Mtn will pay you to work at RUTS-sponsored Work Party. =D>
Kent Swick
Not your typical M\C club:
RUTSOregon

Flying-W
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Re: Trask Trail Work Party

Postby Flying-W » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:57 pm

100+ views and only one person has committed to come to the work party (not counting Dave H. and my family).

Hmmmm...what to do...

Well, besides Rocky Mtn, some other companies out there also support Racers Under The Son activities. Like IMS, FasstCo, EVS, HotRods, and HotCams to name a few. =D>

How about the first 20 people on the sign up sheet (accomplished by emailing kent@rutsoregon.org) will receive a certificate of their choice to one of the companies listed above? Some are worth 50% off, some 25% off. (while the limited supplies last)

Any takers?
Kent Swick

RUTSOregon

Iluvdirtbikin
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Iluvdirtbikin » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:08 pm

I can bring a Jeep....could we get to the place via jeep? If not, I guess I'll be bringing a van with a bike inside and a shoulder strap for a chainsaw. I'll look up the other tools and see if I can bring them? My wife will not be happy I missed church again tho.
Hebrew Hughie Baker
Keizer, OR

OMRA #24Y in GP and XC 2018

Sponsored 2018 by 4Arm Strong, Acerbis, Amsoil ( I'm a dealer ), Atlas brace, Axo, DecalMX, Dan's Motorsports and Keizer Computer

Flying-W
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Flying-W » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:33 am

I apologize for being slow to post this to the message board, but I'd like to extend a public Thank You to the 7 Mt. Scott guys, the 6 RUTS guys, and the 2 ODF guys that came out on the 29th. 3 RUTS guys couldn't make it on the 29th so put in 6 hours each a few days before. All told, that's more than 83 volunteer hours in one week's time. Not bad.

For all you guys that signed up for Race Gas, it takes about a month for RMMC to get the gift cards to you.

Mt. Scotter's, I was so impressed with your solidarity as a CLUB that I sent all the gift certificates I had to R. Quinlan Clay for disbursement around the club house. Hopefully some guys and gals can benefit from them.

EVS, Fasstco, Hot Cams, Hot Rods, and IMS deserve some knuckle-bumping for their part too.
Kent Swick

RUTSOregon

Return to “Northwest Oregon”