7/23/16 Blue Bus Trail Recon

All info regarding volunteering in the Northwest part of our state.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

7/23/16 Blue Bus Trail Recon

Postby Tawmass » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:26 am

Went out and spent all day with LyonP up the Trask River doing recon on the two, new bridges and reroute options for the classic Blue Bus Trail. I picked up Lyon at Jordan Creek, since he has been working the new Duane's Trail, and headed on over and up the Trask River. We spent the day investigating the status of the one, damaged bridge after an Alder fell on it over the winter. By the picture below, you can clearly see the Alder made a direct hit onto the bridge and that we have a lot of work to do on it to rebuild.

Per CurtS's suggestion, "wear a long-sleeved shirt and pants, since the stinging nettles are really bad out there!". I didn't have any long pants, so hiked around in my shorts. Turns out that was a very bad idea and my calves were stinging the rest of the day. Then there was the issue with my dog, Scout, getting lost and we searched forever for him. Just when I was about ready to give up hope, he appeared. Then he was too chicken to re-cross the river. Another wade across the Trask to toss him in and he realized it wasn't as bad as he thought. Darned dog.

On our way out, we stopped at ChuckM's place, since I'd heard that he recently t-boned a Bambi on his 690 KTM. Sure enough, he was laid up and his foot looked quite bad. Hopefully nothing is broken!

Stay tuned for an upcoming Trail Party to get this bridge back in order and to complete this classic trail!
-Tom

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

edgy
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Re: 7/23/16 Blue Bus Trail Recon

Postby edgy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:03 pm

I can relate to that foot. That hurts. Maybe i can be good for the work party, would like to help

Return to “Northwest Oregon”