Willing to help. Have chainsaw will travel.

All info regarding volunteering in the Southwest part of our state.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Vix
In First Gear
In First Gear

Willing to help. Have chainsaw will travel.

Postby Vix » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:13 pm

New to this forum, and new to riding in Southern Oregon. I have some time and equipment, i.e chainsaw, garden trailer, etc. I would be more than willing to meet people and help with any trail building or clearing. Reply here or send me an e-mail or pm.

Vix

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Hey Vix,
We need more peeps like you that want to get out and maintain trails! :) Have you contacted anyone in the MRA Club? They do a lot of work down there.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Vix
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby Vix » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:05 am

Hey Tom, I've not had a chance to talk to any of the people down here. I thought that coming on this forum might give me a chance to meet some folks. I hope someone from here will let me know if I can help in any way. I just love being out in the woods, hunting, fishing, riding, or just camping. I hope some of you will chime in.

By the way, GREAT FORUM.

Vix

Vix
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby Vix » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:03 pm

Hello, I can't be the only person in the Grants Pass / Medford Area that is willing to help. We go out for a ride, clean up a little, and make it better for the next time.

Vix

wdratsloper
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby wdratsloper » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:54 pm

Check out http://www.motorcycleridersassociation.org
We had a Lily Prairie workday last Sunday. There were 32 people present. We burned about 25 piles of brush.
There's a link to some pics on the page.
We have club meetings on the second wednesday evening of the month.
Aprils meeting will be at D&S Harley Davidson in Phoenix.
Check it out on the webpage.
CYA JOE STAGG Image

Vix
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby Vix » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Where is Lily Prairie? I'm more than willing to help if I can, just need a heads up as to when and where.

Vix

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:26 pm

Vix, check out the MRA Riding Map on their webpage - shows it there.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Vix
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby Vix » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:15 pm

Just aheads up for you SO guys. I was at JP Sat with my bosses wife, kids, and a coworker. She lost her camera somewhere around the upper staging area. We were parked just below the fire pit by the stairs. It is a small digital in a black case, I think Vivitar. If anyone found it, please let me know.

Thanks,

Vix

Oregon Trail
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Oregon Trail » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:53 pm

Hey you were at Lilly Praire! :lol: We were the group of 8 at the fire pit around 11. Like the threads said before check out the MRA page, all the info's there. FYI, don't go up there on your own and start trail building or cleaning, check with someone first, because you don't want to be caught cutting trails on MRA or BLM property without permission. Come to the meeting in April at D&S. :ride

Vix
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby Vix » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:46 am

Yeah, I saw your group. Were you having some sort of poker run or something? I saw the trail head for lilly prairie. I started up it on the quad, but ran into some deep ruts a little ways up and couldn't get through. Is there another way?

I was the one with the white chevy hauling 3 polaris trail bosses and a little suzuki 90. I had my boss and her kids with me, so I couldn't really explore the harder trails like I would on my own or with more experienced riders.

And don't worry I would never start hacking down trees or anything else without permission.

Vix

Oregon Trail
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Oregon Trail » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:15 pm

Poker run?? :? There were only 8 of us, we were just out for a Saturday ride. :lol: That area is where the MRA meets for the Poker Runs, check out their web site for dates. :) Lily Praire is basically where you were parked. That trails runs thru there and comes out at the top, where we ran into a few of your group pulled over at the top. :wink:

Return to “Southern Oregon”