Dualsport totals

Let's talk off-roading with winkies and license plates!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

OMRA Dual Sport
First Timer
First Timer

Re: Dualsport totals

Postby OMRA Dual Sport » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:05 pm

Hello Everyone,
I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Shannon and I'm going to be in charge of the Dual Sport points. The delay in posting, is in fact, my fault; not Tawmass. He IS innocent this time-if only in regards to the dual sport points :-)

Please be patient with me as I'm "learning the ropes." As most of you know, that means figuring out the whole host of things that have gone askew with the Dual Sport series. I know there's a lot. I'm optimistic that at least SOME of those issues can be fixed, or at least the problems avoided.

And on that note, I'd very much like to hear your opinions, helpful hints, suggestions, ideas AND complaints. I see no reason as to why the dual sport series can't be revitalized and given new life. Dual sport may be for the "old timers" but there's a lot of us (Myself include, of course) and it should be something we ENJOY doing.

So, the 2017 points. I have the results for Tawmass' events; no one else. A couple clubs cancelled their DS events; a couple others are silent on requests for results. (Definitely two of the aforementioned issues!) While I'm still working on getting the missing results, I won't wait too much longer to post the results we do have.

Please post here with questions or comments or email me at mailto://Shannon@omraoffroad.com with concerns of a more delicate nature.

Here's to a "new and improved" DS Series in 2018!
Shannon

squirrel1
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby squirrel1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:23 pm

Thank you for taking the lead and helping out, Shannon!

I am not old, but love the DS events. They are like a weekend long poker run with a lot of great folks and amazing scenery that you don't get to see in the Racing series or even out trail riding.

I have no beef with anything, aside from wishing there were more events like there used to be. But I know how much work there is to create and run any off-road event, and then take care of things afterwards. So I appreciate what events we get to do.

Again, thanks for the introduction and assistance on the points. Looking forward to 2018 events!
Two strokes rule. Valves are for toilets.

lovalljm
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby lovalljm » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:44 pm

Hey, Shannon, no pun intended.... I just love to give Tom a bad time. Yes I am old and appreciate all the work everyone does to put on an event. I too was involved in putting on events as I was a member of the MRA in the 60's. (now you know I am old).... If I were in my home town (in Oregon) not spending the winters in Yuma Az. I would like to help you. We just have to have all the clubs turn in their results in a timely manner...( Lobos & Mt Scott) I think "still" have not submitted..... This email is not intended to tick anyone off.... So please, just remember were it came from....
Jim in Yuma az.
safari bound "EVERY RIDE IS A GOOD ONE"

lovalljm
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby lovalljm » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:31 pm

SHANNON: We had a ds in May and one the first part of August......They are the Lobos and Mt Scott that you do not have points for. Also, I do not know why Gary Lande and me (Jim Loveall) names are listed with the "racing points".......
Wish you luck getting the organizers to send you the results.... Like I said before I would like to assist you with the points if I can. I live in Eugene in the summer and Yuma Arizona in the winter..... If you get to one of the ds events - look me up maybe we can figure this out.....
Jim Loveall :ride
safari bound "EVERY RIDE IS A GOOD ONE"

Return to “Dualsport”