Moab In May

Tired of going to events [or just riding] by yourself? You know there are other riders in your area, but you just cant find them? Riding/Racing Buddy to the rescue! Place an advertisement, about who you are and what event or ride you're going to. Include your name, skill level (be honest!), town and state.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

deminimis
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Moab In May

Postby deminimis » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Seth and I (and probably Bruce) are hitting Moab in May. Might skip Prineville and leave the afternoon of the 18th. Might do Prineville and leave that afternoon (19th). Anyway, going for the better part of the week (probably returning that Friday, which is the start of the Memorial Day Weekend). That is really about the only time we can do it with our schedules, while avoiding conflicting organized 4x4/rockcrawler events down there, and getting there before the unyielding desert heat takes hold in June. Last time we boondocked in the Behind The Rocks area. Great riding right out your door (or tent flap). If anyone is interested in a meet-up, shout out.

Nada por ahora.

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Re: Moab In May

Postby Tawmass » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:04 am

Damn, I need more vacation time.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

deminimis
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby deminimis » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:48 am

It wold be nice to have you along Tom, along with your VOYAGER so we don't get lost.
Nada por ahora.

Iluvdirtbikin
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Iluvdirtbikin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:49 pm

What is a vacation?

Tawmass wrote:Damn, I need more vacation time.
-Tom
Hebrew Hughie Baker
Keizer, OR

OMRA #24Y in GP and XC 2018

Sponsored 2018 by 4Arm Strong, Acerbis, Amsoil ( I'm a dealer ), Atlas brace, Axo, DecalMX, Dan's Motorsports and Keizer Computer

autodoc345
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby autodoc345 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:42 pm

heading down at the end of april for a 3 day ride with GASGAS of moab, does tours and will be guiding us as I've never been there before, planning f75-125 miles a day. If tht isn't fun I shouldn't own a dirt bike. will be camping on the colorado river. If others are interested they are welcome, let me know and I'll give contact info for Jim Ryan who is leading the group. ($35.00 for 3 days )
I've been told that my caution light is broken! montesa 315r, gasgas pampera, gasgas 300ec GasGas 250ec Bmw r1100rt

deminimis
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby deminimis » Fri May 04, 2012 8:54 am

Might have room for one more body and bike. Off-road only or DS, it makes no difference -It's freak'n Moab. If interested, shout out now. Cost is your share of diesel and propane and your own food/drink. We're boondocking near Behind The Rocks, so no camping fees. Excepted you would bring a full BBQ-sized propane tank and 10 gal of water (two of those relatively cheap blue camping water Gerry cans from Wal-Mart). Oh, will need one more Track Star motorcycle chock for your bike (about $60, but it stays with the trailer).

We are leaving early in the AM on the 18th.
Nada por ahora.

deminimis
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby deminimis » Mon May 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Full up with bikes and bodies.
Nada por ahora.

autodoc345
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby autodoc345 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:31 pm

we had a fantastic ride when we went down at the end of april, we rode 10 of the 12 days we were gone, started out at east fort rock on the way over for our first day of riding. still a little snow on the far south, only saw 2 other riders the whole day, loaded up and drove to Marsing Idaho, camped at Givings hot springs, has a nice big Hot swiming pool. got up early headed up to murphy Idaho, had beakfast then rode up to Silver City, was thier first visitors of the season as we had to plow through several snow fields, did some good hill climbs, rode a long a jeep type trail towards Jordan Valley again pushing through some snow, headed back to the truck on nice fun fast single track. about 5 miles from base we saw a big grey storm up ahead, the wind was howling and the rain started with big stinging rain drops, it was hot out, about 80 degrees, then the hail started, by the time we got to the truck we were drenched. waited for the storm to stop, headed out for more single track, rode about and hour and here comes another storm, soaked again, with another hail storm after the inital rain. packed up, drove south of Twin Falls to Hanson Idaho, for the next days ride at Heart Attack trail in the lower Sawtooth mountains. a beautiful day again warm, 8" wide single track on the side of a mountian, a few trees across the trail, some rock ledges to climb, with dire consiquinces if you fell off, long down hill with many switchbacks down to a bridge across a creek then followed the creek for a few miles. lots of wild flowers out, big mountains all around with little single track trails shooting off to where I don't know, just stayed on thrail we had a map for. the trail was a bit crowded as we saw 2 on horse back, and 4 hikers. back in the car and down the road to Diamond Fork just below Provo Ut. Did I mention we did little but ride,drive or sleep. nest moring did a short little trail called three forks, another little narrow single track along a creek, had several hot springs oozing out of the ground as we rode by. trail had a many spots with but a foot and you fell down into the creek below. we stayed on the trail and out of the creek. we got to a spot where there were trees piled up along side a cliff, a serious off camber rock wall with ledges to climb, opted to turn around as we didn't want to chance a broken bike or body before we even got to Moab. back in the truck and now on our way to moab, got to the entrance of Arches National park and decided to spend the evening and next day there, was beautiful, took a lot of photos. will add my moab story tomorrow.
I've been told that my caution light is broken! montesa 315r, gasgas pampera, gasgas 300ec GasGas 250ec Bmw r1100rt

deminimis
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby deminimis » Fri May 25, 2012 10:20 pm

Nada por ahora.

Return to “Riding/Racing Buddy”