North coast riding

Tired of going to events [or just riding] by yourself? You know there are other riders in your area, but you just cant find them? Riding/Racing Buddy to the rescue! Place an advertisement, about who you are and what event or ride you're going to. Include your name, skill level (be honest!), town and state.

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

chezmoustashh
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

North coast riding

Postby chezmoustashh » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:32 pm

I try to go riding every day I'm not at work(I don't work 9-5 5days a week) so I can ride Monday-sunday. I live in Astoria but am not opposed to a drive. As for skill level, I'm still kinda slow but I tend to ride up in skill a little when riding with and I'm pretty adventurous so I'm not afraid of trying difficult terrain. I have to ride alone a lot so anybody who wants to hit the trail lets do it, rain or shine, night or day.
Mark (chezzy)... 2010 YZ450F 11B

thank you motocrossdirect.com for your support

chezmoustashh
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Re: North coast riding

Postby chezmoustashh » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:17 am

So it looks like Hughie B and I are probably going for a nestucca ride on Monday providing I'm off work. The more the merrier!

wobs
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby wobs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:20 am

Are there any areas near Astoria to ride. My wife's parents have a place in Ocean Park and I have always wondered if there was a place to go around there
Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.

'11 KTM300XC Plated

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:49 am

Mark, I have the same questions as Wobber. I am only aware of the ODF area East of Astoria called Nicolai Mountain:
http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/FIELD/ASTORIA ... main.shtml

I still need to go there sometime, although I hear it's only quad trails. Doesn't matter as long as it's a new place. Any other spots?
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

wobs
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby wobs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:03 pm

I tried to find that place Tom. I was heading over and looked for the road off 30, but never did see it. I'm with you I would be interested to see any new place. By the way the board looks great! Thanks.
Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.

'11 KTM300XC Plated

chezmoustashh
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby chezmoustashh » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Yea there are a few places to ride around Astoria. Nikolai mt is pretty nice, I've only been there a handful of times and been riding with quad guys, so all I've encountered were quad trails but they are all in pretty good condition. The area I ride a lot is just east of Astoria two or three miles, locals call it pipeline(because that is the name of the gravel rd in the area) but its not an ohv park with a name. There are two access points that I use, they are both alternate ends of Scandinavian rd. and there are small gravel lots not too far from the highway. The riding there is a lot of exploration in the area and I find new stuff pretty much every time I ride there. There used to be a hundered or so miles of trails but the mega storm a few years backh and trees. Lew over all the trails and they weren't cut back out so most of the trails are gone... There are a decent number of new 4in wide single track trails hidden behind bushes. I know there is a trail system south of seaside but have by been yet. If you are just looking for putt around there is a place in warenton but it's very small and flat, might be a good place to go for a little kid, new rider/old lady, or sport quad riding(if you're into that sort of thing) but it might get dangerous if there were more than a half a dozzen rides out there because it's so small.

I don't have any gps system so I can't upload any routes for you but if people want to come up to the astoria just let me know, I'd be more than happy to go on a ride and show you around. It would be fun to have some bike riders to go out with as all my buddies ride quads and I ride alone a lot. Like I said I try to go riding every day if I'm not at sea even if it's only for a couple hours rain or shine and love the night rides... I do have trouble with rain or foggy nights as I only have a dual led helmet light system currently, and rain or fog with he helmet lights is like putting on a blindfold(baja designs 8"lapaz hid is on the way so that may help a little).

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Once I get healed again, I'd like to hook up with you and go for a puttsy over there. Let's plan on it.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Iluvdirtbikin
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Iluvdirtbikin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:07 am

We are riding Tuesday, if anyone is interested...can you hear me Lawndart?
Hebrew Hughie Baker
Keizer, OR

OMRA #24Y in GP and XC 2018

Sponsored 2018 by 4Arm Strong, Acerbis, Amsoil ( I'm a dealer ), Atlas brace, Axo, DecalMX, Dan's Motorsports and Keizer Computer

chezmoustashh
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby chezmoustashh » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:50 am

Work calls... No riding for me.

Iluvdirtbikin
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Iluvdirtbikin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Bummer, nice avatar there kid.
Hebrew Hughie Baker
Keizer, OR

OMRA #24Y in GP and XC 2018

Sponsored 2018 by 4Arm Strong, Acerbis, Amsoil ( I'm a dealer ), Atlas brace, Axo, DecalMX, Dan's Motorsports and Keizer Computer

izzo
First Timer
First Timer

Postby izzo » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:57 pm

I'm over in warrenton, looking to go riding.

Return to “Riding/Racing Buddy”