junior/women ride school in August

General discussion and comments about OMRA youth events. Kids - the future of our sport!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

scoott
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

junior/women ride school in August

Postby scoott » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:54 am

We are batting around the idea of a school for kids and women at Eddieville in August. Probably the 2nd or 3rd weekend. We've lined up a former Suzuki riding school teacher as well as started talking with some of the top local riders. Going to shoot for $25 entry with money going to eats, bribes to instructors ?, operating costs.

Our idea is to set up stations around our flattrack and do brake skills, balance, turning(front wheel vs. rear wheel), slalom, bumps, drop-offs, ruts vs. flat vs. berm corners. Try to show the riders skills tests they can do back home .2nd day we'll do hillclimbs, drop-offs,logs, and try to incorporate the skills we went over Saturday.

Saturday night we're thinking of movies either in our big building or outside if it's nice.

Gearing for beginner/early learning curve riders.

Ideas, input wanted.
Trust me, my toys are MUCH bigger than yours!

deminimis
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Re: junior/women ride school in August

Postby deminimis » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Looking forward to it. I've been telling folks second weekend in August, so I hope that's a firm date.
Nada por ahora.

deminimis
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby deminimis » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:22 pm

Come on people, sign up those nuggets!
Nada por ahora.

moondoo
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby moondoo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:54 am

That was an awesome turn out of kids! It was a great weekend! Hopefully everyone had as much fun as my family and I.
Jared Mooney 53U
Devin Mooney 53Jx
Taylor Mooney 53JB
Colossians 3:23 Racing

deminimis
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby deminimis » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:53 pm

It was fantastic. The Girl saw huge improvements and went from not wanting to race to wanting to join the Ws at the 24. She was all smiles all weekend. Amazing change. Harder to gauge how The Boy did as he decided to land his bike on his foot after a get-off (when playing after class the first day). Perhaps he learned, the hard way, to lighten the front wheel when going over a small diversion ditch....but I doubt it. It was a great turn out and I certainly picked up a number of pointers as a bonus. Already looking forward to next year's school.
Nada por ahora.

Return to “Youth Events”