Youth Certification 2013!

General discussion and comments about OMRA youth events. Kids - the future of our sport!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

r3pm
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Youth Certification 2013!

Postby r3pm » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:03 pm

Get your kids and friends kids certified ahead of time!

The ONline certification provides a basic training and certification level for every OHV enthusiast to be a more responsible and aware rider.

The YSEP Certification program gets our youth certified in their hands-on abilities, meeting the state requirements to ensure safe and responsible motorcycle operation for the user, observers and other riders.

The OMRA is working on a PSSOR Partnership program to include a day of intense and very effective training and certification. Administered by the highly qualified and professional PSSOR Team, the first Oregon Instructors have been spending weeks preparing to provide the best training available. Several very experienced riders left the first of their days of training commenting on what they learned and will be able to use to ride better, safer. with less energy, and even faster.

Let us know if you or your friends are interested in being part of the paid instructor team or students as we move forward.

Contact for the OMRA is Dan Jordan.

Thanks
Ed
Ride Hard, Ride Smart
Thanks to:
Motosport, Trail Tech, Cyclops, Scott, Gaerne, EVS, Glukose, ASV, PBI, Renthal, Engine Ice, Amsoil, Cylinder Works, My Mechanic(s) , Team R3PM & Family

Cornfed
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Re: Youth Certification 2013!

Postby Cornfed » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:31 pm

ETRA has secured dates every month for Youth Safety Evaluations at Shotgun OHV Area near Eugene. Here's a link to our Youth Safety page.

http://www.etra.net/youth.html

There, you can get pre-registered and read up on what you need to complete the course.

Get the legal stuff done and have a ride with the kid(s) afterward. Yipee!
Emerald Trail Riders Association
'08 KTM 300 XC - weekends
TA 460 Concrete Pump - work days

Ace!
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Ace! » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:09 pm

I am interested in youth certification for my 8 yo daughter and 10 yo son. They went riding with a friend of the family and are hooked. Now I have to figure out the process. Can they ride at all prior to obtaining the certification? How do they build the skills they need prior to the certification? Seems like an easy way to fail if they cannot ride prior to the hands-on certification. Am I just not understanding the process?

I know my kids really enjoyed riding, but I'm not sure they fully understand all of the aspects that are tested for the hands-on certification and I don't think it makes sense without them being able to actually ride and learn the skills.
2011 DR650 - plated

oregonsage
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby oregonsage » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:33 pm

http://www.omraoffroad.com/OMRA-YSEP/registration.html

Follow that link to information on certification sessions near you. Yes, it is required for riding on public land in Oregon.... Where to get practice? Private land is where most people get the basic skills to pass the course. Thre are some youth training links on that page also if I recall.

Ace!
Life Member
Life Member

Postby Ace! » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:17 pm

Thanks. It was after reading the info at that link that I came here with further questions. I will email the OMRA Safety Coordinator.
2011 DR650 - plated

oregonsage
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby oregonsage » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Ace! wrote:Thanks. It was after reading the info at that link that I came here with further questions. I will email the OMRA Safety Coordinator.

Yes, that should reach Dan Jordan, who also provides Evaluations out of the WA county area.

Return to “Youth Events”