Training courses?

General discussion and comments about OMRA youth events. Kids - the future of our sport!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

KTM BUDDY
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Training courses?

Postby KTM BUDDY » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:40 am

Anyone have SOLID info on these training classes, like who, where, when and how much? So far ive gotten the run around buy more than a few people. Not one of my questions ever got answered the same! Im not a fan of the "hands on tranining" but will comply for the big picture of it all.
To me this should have all been established BEFORE the law went into effect! I tryed to get certified myself over a year ago but got even more of a run around than im getting now. It dose seem that there are a few people who are trying to profit from this and want to charge, to me at least, to much money.
Any help would be great!
Thanks, Buddy.
Buddy Houston
07 300 XCW

oregonsage
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Training courses?

Postby oregonsage » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 pm

KTM BUDDY wrote:Anyone have SOLID info on these training classes, like who, where, when and how much? So far ive gotten the run around buy more than a few people. Not one of my questions ever got answered the same! Im not a fan of the "hands on tranining" but will comply for the big picture of it all.
To me this should have all been established BEFORE the law went into effect! I tryed to get certified myself over a year ago but got even more of a run around than im getting now. It dose seem that there are a few people who are trying to profit from this and want to charge, to me at least, to much money.
Any help would be great!
Thanks, Buddy.

Buddy, If you are talking about the new youth Endorsement program, a good place for details is the ETRA website since they created the program that OMRA is managing. One thing to note is these are NOT TRAINING, they are evaluation/testing of youth riders that already know how to ride. I hear there are some actual training (how to ride) programs around, but they are not sponsored by the OMRA.

http://etra.net/youth.html

http://www.omraoffroad.com/training.htm

KTM BUDDY
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby KTM BUDDY » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Thank you so much! There hasn't been a whole lot of clarification between the evaluation course and training class. My children know how to ride. We just need to get them through this evaluation. Again , thank you for the info!
Buddy Houston
07 300 XCW

squirrel1
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby squirrel1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:36 am

Options were much more limited about a year ago, but since last fall several more providers have stepped up. Here is the OPRD website that explains the hands-on course options:

http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/ATV/Hands_on_training.shtml

If you are interested in getting certified, the OMRA (motorcycle) and 4H (ATV) programs would be your best opportunity.
Two strokes rule. Valves are for toilets.

Return to “Youth Events”