Cowbell

Rubbin's racing!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

tang8u
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Cowbell

Postby tang8u » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:56 am

Thanks Gary and crew you guys nailed it. Great course set up tight in spots, high speed areas to cool down and the 2 foot bridge bridge crossing." Nice"

All way love your events, just hate the traffic. Took us 1hour in 20 minutes to get there from Hillsboro in the morning and frickin 3 in hour hours to get back in the afternoon.

Foley's
Tang
Bad judgement Makes for Great Stories. I seem to have a lot of stories :)

BRN2RDE
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Re: Cowbell

Postby BRN2RDE » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:43 am

Yeah, really great event. Gary and Mark laid out what was probably the best mix of trails out there to date. I just hung a few extra arrows so thick headed racers like me would not get lost. Not a bad turnout for August, though I can't figure out why so many experts stayed home? Bunch of sissified GenX'ers I guess. :wink:
Anyways, I had fun doing 'test' loops on the 125. Those trails and a 125 make you feel like a hero. Unfortunately, Zeke blew a trans seal and DNF'd. That was a huge bummer. I think he and Parker were gonna 1/2 it for the overall Am, And great job Parker Harris who did end up with the overall in the Am race-and on his first full course 125 race! He and Zeke caught and passed the whole Open AM wave by the 3 mile mark!
BRN2RDE
2016 350XC-F
2008 Husaberg 450 Supermoto
OMRA # 11V
http://www.batterystuff.com

ellis cookman
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby ellis cookman » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:28 pm

Add me to the list of Happy, Happy! You guys are a friendly bunch and I enjoy how you put of an excellent race. You can count me in for next year.

Stillcanride
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby Stillcanride » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:04 am

I had a great time at the Cowbell. :D The high speed sections were great and all the extra challenges along the way added to the race. :ride The mud soup under the bridge was a nice touch, I heard it rained about 5000 gallons right there the day before. :shock: Gary and the Spoon Creek folks are always extremely friendly and inviting. I will be back next year for sure!

Jill's Grill was great as usual, biscuits and gravy in the morning and a burger in the afternoon. \:D/

Dave

Return to “Racing”