Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

OREGONARYN
Expert Class
Expert Class

Spoon Creek GP 6/4/2017

Postby OREGONARYN » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:46 pm

Results are up!

http://www.offroadoregon.com/race-results.html

Thanks for coming, hope everybody had a great time!

dlharte
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Re: Spoon Creek GP 6/4/2017

Postby dlharte » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:12 pm

What took you so long? =D>
OMRA Competition Director
Team NORA and Off-Road Dad

magconpres
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby magconpres » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:39 pm

Great track.
Was having fun with some tight racing until I lost my rear brake on lap 2 and DNF'd. Looking forward to Sweet Home next weekend!
I took a bunch of pics of the 9am and 11am races and will posta link to them once they are uploaded.

James
736Y

svincent15
First Timer
First Timer

Postby svincent15 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:23 am

magconpres wrote:Great track.
Was having fun with some tight racing until I lost my rear brake on lap 2 and DNF'd. Looking forward to Sweet Home next weekend!
I took a bunch of pics of the 9am and 11am races and will posta link to them once they are uploaded.

James
736Y

Thank you! Can't wait to see the pictures!

svincent15
First Timer
First Timer

Postby svincent15 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:24 am

OREGONARYN wrote:Results are up!

http://www.offroadoregon.com/race-results.html

Thanks for coming, hope everybody had a great time!

You rock Aryn! But next time, please get these up faster ;)

p0wn
First Timer
First Timer

Postby p0wn » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:40 pm

Wow look at all the sandbaggers in Open am, 30 am, 40 am etc. If you're beating people in the expert class you need to move the *(I'm a pottymouth)* up. Buncha assholes out there. Someone fix that *(poop)*.

BRN2RDE
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby BRN2RDE » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:57 pm

p0wn wrote:Wow look at all the sandbaggers in Open am, 30 am, 40 am etc. If you're beating people in the expert class you need to move the *(I'm a pottymouth)* up. Buncha assholes out there. Someone fix that *(poop)*.

The 1st Open Am would have placed 2nd to last in the Open X class. 1st 30am would have placed mid pack 30x. Same in the 40x class.
Actually looks to me(and I might be missing something?)like the classes were pretty well balanced. But if you are seeing a specific and ongoing case of sandbagging please do bring it to the attention of any of the referees for review.

Now if I could just get David Morton to stop sandbagging the 40x class, that would be great.... =P~
BRN2RDE
2016 350XC-F
2008 Husaberg 450 Supermoto
OMRA # 11V
http://www.batterystuff.com

Bennywannapenny
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby Bennywannapenny » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:45 pm

p0wn wrote:Wow look at all the sandbaggers in Open am, 30 am, 40 am etc. If you're beating people in the expert class you need to move the *(I'm a pottymouth)* up. Buncha assholes out there. Someone fix that *(poop)*.

Even though it wouldn't have changed my result much, it would be cool to move up a couple spots with those dudes that should be in expert.
2012 KX450F
2000 KTM 200 Mxc (Needing a New Home)

598A \:D/

Spoon Creek/Cowbell
Amateur Class
Amateur Class

Postby Spoon Creek/Cowbell » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Look at the lap times for the top two jr.X riders ,slot their times into the group A race 606 J Christian Gregor with 9 laps in 1:37:33, he slots in in front of his Sweet Home neighbor 3rd overall Nick Rietz with 9 laps in 1:38:18 and Parker Harris in with 8 laps in 1:29:23 puts him the fastest 8 lap rider for 8th.
Note: 40 expert riders Dave Morton time on course-5,552 seconds, Steve Degyter with 5,554 seconds on course, this isn't to say that is how they would have finished, but a note that OMRA has some fast up and coming riders , Slot women's rider Natalie Riel 28 th in group A OA

dlharte
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby dlharte » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:46 pm

Spoon Creek/Cowbell wrote:Look at the lap times for the top two jr.X riders ,slot their times into the group A race 606 J Christian Gregor with 9 laps in 1:37:33, he slots in in front of his Sweet Home neighbor 3rd overall Nick Rietz with 9 laps in 1:38:18 and Parker Harris in with 8 laps in 1:29:23 puts him the fastest 8 lap rider for 8th.
Note: 40 expert riders Dave Morton time on course-5,552 seconds, Steve Degyter with 5,554 seconds on course, this isn't to say that is how they would have finished, but a note that OMRA has some fast up and coming riders , Slot women's rider Natalie Riel 28 th in group A OA

Something is seriously wrong with that math. Christian was hauling for sure and turning in mid 11's and 12's. Nick was turning mid 10's and low 11's. Over a minute faster on average per lap. Yes these young men are riding really well but again something is wrong with the math.

Edit: Figured it out. They yutes got scored the first time through the timing which was shortly after the start. They only got 8 and 7 laps respectively. The experts did not get credited a lap the first time through. Everyone in race 2 was credited with an extra lap. No big deal and I don't need to go buy a Honda 150 for Max to be competitive. Whew! :shock: :D

In regards to some of the faster Amateurs. The OMRA has a transfer system that moves folks that "point out" during the previous year. Non OMRA racers can show up and sign up for whatever class they like and it's impossible for the sign up folks, promoter or the OMRA to really govern that till after that fact. And that is only in extreme cases that usually need to be pointed out at the event to an official.

Dan

Spoon Creek/Cowbell
Amateur Class
Amateur Class

Postby Spoon Creek/Cowbell » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:33 pm

That's why I'm not in charge of scoring,

magconpres
In First Gear
In First Gear

Link to Pics

Postby magconpres » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:49 pm

Here are the links to the pics. No bagging on me for blurry pics, bad composition etc. The lens I had with me doesn't auto focus and my vision isn't what it used to be :O

9am race: https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/7gd ... 0crN8DsKTl
11am race: https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/RRK ... PxNWMQ1Blu

You should be able to download pics, but if not, someone post back or PM me and I'll see if I can figure it out.

SaucyTaco
First Timer
First Timer

Postby SaucyTaco » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:12 pm

BRN2RDE wrote:

The 1st Open Am would have placed 2nd to last in the Open X class. 1st 30am would have placed mid pack 30x. Same in the 40x class.
Actually looks to me(and I might be missing something?)like the classes were pretty well balanced. But if you are seeing a specific and ongoing case of sandbagging please do bring it to the attention of any of the referees for review.

Now if I could just get David Morton to stop sandbagging the 40x class, that would be great.... =P~

YES!!! This is especially true for the ladies in that race. If you look at the times in general people running 12-11 minute laps are running over Women class and BEGINNERs running mid-teens. Both my women racers raced Sunday and both will not race again because they got scared off the track... said they don't like being passed constantly... too competitive. Having to pull over constantly just frustrates them and they can't get in a rhythm and learn how to race. Basically just pulled over and let the speedsters plow them over ahem sorry beginners.

I'm in beginner class and Im a beginner, this was my first race at a young 40 something and I ran consistent mid teens with laps times getting better throughout the race until I hugged a tree... It was a great challenge and a ton of fun. I got passed by the same dudes multiple times but Im ok with that as I will improve but for those who are really trying it for their first time aka "beginners", phew tough love...

I will say everyone is super chill, its a great family event, and I look forward to more and getting faster.

I'm bummed my girls got scared out of racing because of 11-12 minute dudes running them over on the track, be great to find a solve for this but Im sure it tough to coordinate.

Cheers

dlharte
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby dlharte » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:09 pm

SaucyTaco wrote:YES!!! This is especially true for the ladies in that race. If you look at the times in general people running 12-11 minute laps are running over Women class and BEGINNERs running mid-teens. Both my women racers raced Sunday and both will not race again because they got scared off the track... said they don't like being passed constantly... too competitive. Having to pull over constantly just frustrates them and they can't get in a rhythm and learn how to race. Basically just pulled over and let the speedsters plow them over ahem sorry beginners.

I'm in beginner class and Im a beginner, this was my first race at a young 40 something and I ran consistent mid teens with laps times getting better throughout the race until I hugged a tree... It was a great challenge and a ton of fun. I got passed by the same dudes multiple times but Im ok with that as I will improve but for those who are really trying it for their first time aka "beginners", phew tough love...

I will say everyone is super chill, its a great family event, and I look forward to more and getting faster.

I'm bummed my girls got scared out of racing because of 11-12 minute dudes running them over on the track, be great to find a solve for this but Im sure it tough to coordinate.

Cheers

So sorry to hear the gals got frustrated. The situation is magnified with the shorter courses and if the numbers continue to grow we may be looking at advising the event organizers to run an additional race. The expert race had 90 people in it so lots of lapping going on there as well. Everyone deserves to be out there having a good time and I sure hope they will not give up on racing. When this venue drys out a little more the laps are twice as long.

I appreciate the input. I think NORA did 3 races at Territorial last year and that is probably the answer. Longer day though.

Dan

Chappyders
In First Gear
In First Gear

Re: Link to Pics

Postby Chappyders » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:58 am

magconpres wrote:Here are the links to the pics. No bagging on me for blurry pics, bad composition etc. The lens I had with me doesn't auto focus and my vision isn't what it used to be :O

9am race: https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/7gd ... 0crN8DsKTl
11am race: https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/RRK ... PxNWMQ1Blu

You should be able to download pics, but if not, someone post back or PM me and I'll see if I can figure it out.

Thanks for the pics. There were some good ones of me in there!!!!
Mixing gas and slappin booty!!!

Return to “Racing”