Hangover Scrambles @ Washougal January 1st

Rubbin's racing!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

JCTRA
In First Gear
In First Gear

Hangover Scrambles @ Washougal January 1st

Postby JCTRA » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Join the Jones Creek Trail Riders on New Year's Day for our annual celebration of mud, snow, ice and FUN!

The 2018 JCTRA Hangover Scrambles is once again being held at Washougal MX Park, January 1st, 2018.

The event is a cross-country, hare-scramble type race for Dirt Bikes, ATV's, and Side x Sides. The course features an Enduro-X section (for some classes), a cross-country course of approximately 2.5 miles as well as some time on the world famous Washougal MX track (weather permitting). There are five races held throughout the day, each race being 60 minutes in length. The winner scores the most laps within the 60 minute time-frame.

We also have two races on a special course designed for kids on both 50cc and 65cc class dirt bikes. Sorry, no kids ATV races. The Side-by-Side race has been expanded this year to three classes.

New this year - the main gate will close at 11:00pm New Year's Eve and re-open at 6am New Year's Day.

You can find out more about the event and download the flyer at http://www.hangoverscrambles.com

We strongly encourage riders to preregister online for the event. Preregistered riders receive a free event tee-shirt as well as avoiding the long lines on event day. There are several links to the online preregistration site at http://www.hangoverscrambles.com and preregistration closes on Friday, December 29th.

T-Shirt design and apparel order site will be up and running soon, keep checking back!

JCTRA
In First Gear
In First Gear

Re: Hangover Scrambles @ Washougal January 1st

Postby JCTRA » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Don't forget to pre-register for JCTRA's Hangover Scrambles by Friday night! Get some gas in that new bike you got yourself for Christmas, and bring it out to Washougal MX Park January 1st. The course set-up is getting close to finished and the weather looks like it's shaping up to be nice for New Year's day.

Check out our http://www.hangoverscrambles.com link to register and see our T-shirt design if you want to order apparel in advance and pick it up on race day. Remember, you get a free T-shirt if you pre-register.

See you New Year's day!

ellis cookman
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby ellis cookman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:59 pm

I. R. READY TO RIDE ! :ride

Rustychain
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby Rustychain » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:28 pm

After reading the rules, I didn't see anything about using studs in this race. Is that aloud, and is there a curtain type only to be used.
663Y
CRF450x

JCTRA
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby JCTRA » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Studs are allowed at the Hangover, and there's no particular restriction on what type.

ellis cookman
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby ellis cookman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:16 pm

The race is not sanctioned by the OMRA. club rules,, You bring it, you run it... :ride I use grip studs, they come out of Medford.

dlharte
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby dlharte » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:00 pm

Something like this is what the fastest guys, along with many others run. No crazy 1/2" plus flesh tearing Home Depot stuff. :roll: You will see some of that nonsense but these are scary enough and everyone needs to remember to NOT run over people! Grip studs are the same profile and can be removed and reused for many years so they are a great option but expensive on the front side. I have a gun and all the stuff so I use Bruno Wessel studs which are still pretty expensive and it's very time consuming to build a tire right.

OMRA Competition Director
Team NORA and Off-Road Dad

Rustychain
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby Rustychain » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:25 pm

Thank you for the input. I think I will look into studs for next year. The grip studs and the brunos sound like a great idea, at least being able to take them out and save them for the next year. I'm not quite ready for the initial cost this year.
663Y
CRF450x

dlharte
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby dlharte » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:20 pm

This isn't a year that you need studs as nothing is frozen and it's supposed to be dry/warm again for the next 48 including some wind tomorrow. That said it will be hard to compete against those with carbide but at least you won' be on your butt all day because of ice. I wouldn't stay home because you don't have studs. Come out and start 2018 out the right way....on a dirt scooter with a grin.
OMRA Competition Director
Team NORA and Off-Road Dad

Rustychain
In First Gear
In First Gear

Postby Rustychain » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Oh I'm not staying home. I will be there, just not racing. Ill be ready for next year.. Working on the bike now for the OMRA series. Had fun last year. Plan on doing both GP and XC. Not sure how the ISDE stuff works, but Ill figure it out.
663Y
CRF450x

Return to “Racing”