Rubbin's racing!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

scoott
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Starvation Ridge-September 16&17th

Postby scoott » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:34 am

SSSMOKINNNGG!!!!

Hoping the air clears out before the 16th & 17th. As of Thursday, Sept. 7th, we have less than a half mile visibility with acrid smoke making it hard for me to breath. If we are this smokey next weekend we wouild have to cancel.

Saturday the 16this the 6 hour endurance race for teams & Ironpersons. Race starts at 4pm and ends at 10:00pm. 2 to 6 teammates, each get to ride their own bike. Bikes can be shared among teammates, but no extra bikes. There will be 2 to 3 hours of dark, depending on amount of smoke.

Sunday the 17th is the OMRA GP. Course will be run backwards from the 6hr. Kids are first up with Jr. A, B and C's racing at 10:00am. A's and B's together and the C's on a separate course.
C's race for 20 minutes, A's and B's race for 30 minutes.
At 11am starts the 30D, 40F, 50Y,50R, women,Beginners B,Sportsman S and Jr.X. They will run for 1 1/2 hrs plus one lap. If you cross the finish at 1:29+ you do another lap. Cross at 1:30+ and you are done. MUST take the checkered flag to finish!!
AA,open X, 250Z, 30+U,40+V, open A,250 E all race at 1pm.

More to follow. Long term looks sorta ok, we will determine conditions as we get closer.

Scott
Trust me, my toys are MUCH bigger than yours!

chuckw
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Re: Starvation Ridge-September 16&17th

Postby chuckw » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:57 am

Talked to Scott yesterday, and the events this weekend are still ON! Smoke had cleared out as of yesterday, course is looking good.

Check this board, the race page on the OMRA website, the OMRA FB page as the week goes by for any updates. Or call Scott -

Unless the smoke becomes a problem, the event will be this weekend -

Check road conditions also, may need to take hwy 14 on the WA side of the river if 84 is still closed by the weekend due to fires.

POWERSLAVE
Pee-Wee Class
Pee-Wee Class

Postby POWERSLAVE » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Good news! Thanks, see you Sunday
RY III
689V XC/GP
2016 Husky 300

scoott
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby scoott » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:51 pm

UPDATE: 9/13

Course is marked, approx. 11 miles. We will start watering the sections that we worked on with the dozer tomorrow. Lots of the course is hardpacked smooth from the UTV's race in June.We are leaving that alone because it has formed a hard crust. Many whoopy,narrow sections have been smoothed out & widened.
I am thinking of running the farmhouse both days, so think about your handlebar width and flicking the bars as you go through the 3 doorways.
Chance of rain Sunday, so we could end up with perfect dirt.....or shiny dirt, which is not near as fun. It would take a LOT of rain to get to the shiny stage , and the current prediction is 1/2" over 3 days, so I am not expecting any snotfest.
Air has been clear since last Thursday when we got a little rain and the west winds started up. We can see the smoke from Cascade Locks over the Columbia hills, but it is not coming down the hill. Best air conditions we have had in over a month.
This weekend will be a taste of the 24hr course. 11 vs. 17-20 miles. 1 loop vs. 3 loops. Not near as much rocks, trees, and ponds as the 24hr course. No freshly disced up dirt surfing through the stubble fields.
It is dark by 8pm, so there will be at least 2 hours of darkness during the 6hr on Saturday. SO BRING YOUR LIGHTS!....or run for 4 hours until dark. Still the best bang for your buck.
Temps are forecast in the low 70's , so conditions should be primo.
Sign-up for the 6hr begins Friday evening and noon to 3 pm Saturday. GP signups can register Saturday during the 6hr or starting at 7am SUNDAY.
Trust me, my toys are MUCH bigger than yours!

Return to “Racing”