2016 Cowbell cancelled

Rubbin's racing!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

shnnehls
Pee-Wee Class
Pee-Wee Class

2016 Cowbell cancelled

Postby shnnehls » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:39 am

Bummer about the Cowbell-I was pumped! Any word on an alternative race or is that it?

dlharte
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Re: 2016 Cowbell cancelled

Postby dlharte » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:02 am

Unfortunately that is it. :(

Points sheet is updated and both series will be scored with the best 6 events counting out of the 7. Not how we wanted to end the season for sure. ](*,)
OMRA Competition Director
Team NORA and Off-Road Dad

THIB78
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby THIB78 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:19 pm

does this mean that we are going to take the best 5 of the 7 races? I think this is how I read the rules that we have 2 throw away races out of the series.
Shad Thibodeau
78D

dlharte
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby dlharte » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:19 pm

THIB78 wrote:does this mean that we are going to take the best 5 of the 7 races? I think this is how I read the rules that we have 2 throw away races out of the series.

No we advertised Best 6 of 8. Unfortunately we didn't get to 8 events so it is best 6 of 7. There is a dated reference to the term throw-out in the rule book

5) The number of throw-out events for each series and minimum required participation
to qualify for year-end trophy will be posted with the event calendar each year.

We chose to not use that term on the calendar to promote full participation. "Best 6 of 8". Nobody anticipated the final round getting cancelled and unfortunately we had some racers counting on it. That is a regrettable situation for sure that was out of our control.

THIB78
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby THIB78 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:44 pm

How would one go about getting some worker points for this season then.
Shad Thibodeau

78D

THIB78
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby THIB78 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:54 pm

So your telling me that in the 30am gp class only 1 person qualified for year end trophy. I arranged my work schedule to hit 6 of the 8 races and even though i made my commitment to the series i am disqualified due to a cancelled gp race due to weather. Im not overly happy if this is the way things go. Ive done what i needed to do for myself to get to these events, paid to get to the events, paid to race in the events and oftenly not been rewarded for the participation at the events.
Shad Thibodeau

78D

dlharte
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby dlharte » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:56 pm

THIB78 wrote:So your telling me that in the 30am gp class only 1 person qualified for year end trophy. I arranged my work schedule to hit 6 of the 8 races and even though i made my commitment to the series i am disqualified due to a cancelled gp race due to weather. Im not overly happy if this is the way things go. Ive done what i needed to do for myself to get to these events, paid to get to the events, paid to race in the events and oftenly not been rewarded for the participation at the events.

No. I show you in second place for the year meeting the minimum amount of events needed (4) to receive a trophy at the awards banquet so you are good. For sure if this last event would have happened you might have improved your position as you only have 5 events. There is no guarantee of that though as you could also have DNFed for some reason, rig broke down, family emergency, got sick... well you get my point. Like a NASCAR event that gets shortened because of rain. The person leading when they call it wins. No could have, would have, should haves. Not what we wanted but it's the only fair way. The person in front of you had better participation, got his 6 events in and I'm sure you don't want to be moved ahead of him by the sanctioning body after all the racing is done. If a racer decides to go to only 6 events a lot can go wrong and for several people this year it left them an event short.

Workers points must be arranged with an event organizer prior an event and you must then work. There are no events left to be worked.

I don't know what you mean about not being rewarded for your participation at events. You didn't get points or a trophy? That may be an issue with one or more of our event organizers IDK but if you would like to contact me privately please do. We all do this for fun and when something makes it not that way it's a big red flag and should be addressed.

That said our original intent was always to count a racers "best 6" events. That is what we are going to do.

Dan
360-560-6016

Return to “Racing”