ride powerline east of Mowich

Emerald Trail Riders Association M/C ~ www.ETRA.net

Moderators: OMRA, oregonsage, Tawmass, Cornfed, Midtown Rich, endoquest

chainsaw
First Timer
First Timer

ride powerline east of Mowich

Postby chainsaw » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:51 pm

I'm thinking of riding the power line East of 97 across from Mowich area on Sat 3-25, usually snow free by now. All the way to Boundary Springs. Anyone interested? Not single track but fun. Great for low/medium skill riders. If not 3-25, then later?

plumas
Newbie Class
Newbie Class

Re: ride powerline east of Mowich

Postby plumas » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:35 pm

Hey Bob I snuck off and rode that area after working only half a day with you guys back in September, I did the power line and a bunch of roads and trails on Walker Butte. You can get some speed and air on the power line road, too bad for all the blind hills. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it over there until May this year.

Anyone been to Mowich yet this year?

chainsaw
First Timer
First Timer

Re: ride powerline east of Mowich

Postby chainsaw » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:39 pm

Finally I got my Power Line ride in. Weather was bad for a couple weeks then I had a very bad problem with back teeth and lower jaw. Took three weeks to finally sort it out, it's a long story so I'll stop here. Pain was outrageous. Everything seemed ready for today so I went.
Had a decent forecast for today up there but storm moved in faster than expected. Had snow and rain for my whole ride, constantly stopping to wipe snow and ice off goggles. But I got 55 miles riding and had a great time. Traction was super great, just the right amount of slide. If you like a little speed instead of trying to dodge trees all the time, the power line run is absolutely great fun. If you want to slow down and climb there is that too. I'll go again soon if anyone wants to go. Still lots of snow just to the South and West.
Bob

Return to “ETRA M/C”