Big bikes, big adventures, big fun!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Portland Motorcycle Adventure Fest

Postby Tawmass » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:48 pm

BMW Motorcycle Enthusiast,

I am forwarding this information on behalf of Tim Hallrud and the Portland Motorcycle Adventure Fest.
Please take a moment to read his invitation to be part of a truly unique motorcycling event to be scheduled for the Portland area early this summer.
You can be part of the fun by volunteering. Your involvement is needed to assure the success of this unique event. Be part of the core group. Contact Tim for further details.

Thanks

Lane Weinberg
BMWRO President
BMWRO.pres@gmail.com
503-522-1067

Begin forwarded message:

Date: January 22, 2014 12:22:44 PM PST

Subject: Opportunities to be a part of the Portland Motorcycle Adventure Fest - Coming early Summer

Hi Friends,

The Portland Motorcycle Adventure Fest
I wanted to let you know that I’ve got something amazing coming in late June/early July 2014. It is the Portland Motorcycle Adventure Fest. We’ll be bringing the world to Portland for this event. I am really fortunate to be connected to a number of famous and not so famous adventurer riders and a bunch of them are planning to attend. I am tentatively targeting June 28th to July 3rd – but that will be decided in the next week and we’ll have definite date(s). We’ll have films, parties, rides, concerts, group camping (and local hosting of riders), parties, Speakers, motorcycle show(s) and all manner of fun (more parties). I’m even arranging a documentary to be made.

Want to be a Part of the Fun?
I’m looking for volunteers. Right now, I am building the core group that will work on the strategy, scheduling and foundational elements of the event. I have already got a number of sponsors and participants lined up. If you have big dreams and are looking to create something amazing and legendary, I’ll hope you’ll join me. The Portland Motorcycle Film Fest was a huge success and we’re building on top of that energy.

The Core Group
For the core group, I’m being really selective – I know there are a lot of folks who want to be a part of it. You must have the time, energy and commitment to make things happen. This is something you’ll be proud of. You can develop project management skills, event planning and organizing skills. Plus, it will be a blast. I’ll hold a meeting next Tuesday at 7pm to discuss the vision and ideas at Ava Roasteria in Beaverton. But we’ll have other org meetings if you are really committed – just let me know.

Building the Experience
We’ll have plenty of need for social networkers, folks helping to get the word out, identifying additional sponsors etc. Honestly, the money part will work out pretty well – I know if we build it they will come and we’ve got a lot of local motorcycle companies signed up. And for the attendees, this should be low cost event. I am more interested in creating a pinnacle experience than squeeze the last dollars out of attendees or sponsors.

Targeting Charities
Right now we have three charities we are working with, two of which are directly motorcycle related.

Suggestions/Ideas/Visions/Dreams Welcome
Even if you can’t volunteer, as my friends (and/or Nike Motorcycle Colleagues), I welcome your insight and suggestions. And yes, I’ll see if Nike or Jordan can be a part of this.

Kindest Regards,

Tim Hallrud
PMP, MCDBA
Sr. Project Manager - North America Nike Tech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVhTDNlbsSc – Commitment
https://vimeo.com/9148080 - This is what I came to do
503-532-0326
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Adventure Riding”