New GPS forum

Talk about how lost you got, can get, or share trail-route files!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

New GPS forum

Postby Tawmass » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:43 am

Unsure if there is enough interest in GPS, so created this forum. I've recently gotten very into these things over the last year or so. Currently running a Garmin V and 276C - both great units. My goal is to record all of my rides (racing, trailriding and dualsport) and start creating an archive of routes. This will be good for historical sake too.
-Tom
ImageImage
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Dakar-Dave
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Dakar-Dave » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:41 am

Seeing as I asked for the GPS forum, I guess I should help in trying to get the ball rolling.

I recently bought a like new Garmin V from ebay. Right now I'm in the process of getting all the ad on's and extras I want for my GPS set up.

I use to run with a Magellan 330 which is a good unit, but have to admit, what I've seen of the V Series so far, I'm glad I made the change.

What unit do you own ?

And anyone have a handle bar RAM Mount they want to off load ? :D

Dave

Hotrodvw
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Hotrodvw » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:15 pm

I am running a Garmin 3+, and I am going to try to get quite a bit of mapping done of the Shotgun riding area this spring/summer. I am going to be involved in the BLM trail patrol, so there will be plenty of opportunity to do so.
"I'm Richie Cunningham, and this is my wife, Oprah."

WWW.ETRA.NET

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Postby Tawmass » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:23 pm

Cool. Would like to get your trackmaps (once you get them) of the area, if possible. Be happy to reciprocate too.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Hotrodvw
AA Pro Class
AA Pro Class

Postby Hotrodvw » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:30 pm

We'll see how far I get :lol: My buddy Jack from the GPSNavigatormagazine.com site might have all of the maps you're looking for. Get me a list of what you need, I can ask him for you. Eric
"I'm Richie Cunningham, and this is my wife, Oprah."

WWW.ETRA.NET

Return to “GPS (Global Positioning System)”