What GPS to buy?

Talk about how lost you got, can get, or share trail-route files!

Moderators: OMRA, dlharte, oregonsage, Tawmass

Tawmass
OMRA Officer
OMRA Officer

Re: What GPS to buy?

Postby Tawmass » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:23 am

I'm with Ace. I've been sporting the Montana 600 for over a year now - it is an awesome piece of technology, in fact there is not much that compares to it IMHO.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

dirteyes
Pee-Wee Class
Pee-Wee Class

Postby dirteyes » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:37 pm

A year ago was able to buy a cobra gps nav from 4 wheel online, it was cheap as dirt.

dirteyes
Pee-Wee Class
Pee-Wee Class

Postby dirteyes » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:47 pm

Dunno if this links still works; http://4wheelonline.com/Cobra_GPS_Nav_System.2409

dirteyes
Pee-Wee Class
Pee-Wee Class

Postby dirteyes » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:01 pm

I guess the link is dead, just go to 4 Wheel Online and type in "cobra gps nav" at the search bar for a faster search.

plumas
Newbie Class
Newbie Class

Postby plumas » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:18 am

A cheap option for off road is GaiaGPS, you can get it just as an app for your phone, works well enough on an iphone without cell service. All the topo quads in the country for $20, good deal. Problem is the topo quads haven't been updated in 30+ years so I use google earth at home to check out routes in advance.

RiverRacing
First Timer
First Timer

Postby RiverRacing » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:50 am

Maverick wrote:Don't know what type of phone you're using Dave but there's a couple of solid apps that do a lot of these days & they are affordable. I use them for backpacking and most run in airplane mode (so you aren't hogging battery life). You might check out the apple store or the droid version of that.

Pulling this out of the archives! Curious what your favorite apps are these days? My phone typically doesn't work well where I ride in the Tillamook Forest, so I tend to only bring it along for camera purposes.

Best,
RR
728D GP/XC
2017 Yamaha WR250F
2012 BMW F800GS Triple Black
@RiverRacingTeam

Return to “GPS (Global Positioning System)”