OMRA Legal News

<<<<BACK to website 

Vol. 2, Issue 21

Wednesday, August 11,  2004

NOHVCC ATTENDS 10th ANNIVERSARY OF HIGH MOUNTAIN ATV JAMBOREE

Wallace, Idaho plays host to one of the longest-running ATV events in the country
    "
Shortly after arriving we knew that this was the place to be this summer," reported Ann Vance, NOHVCC's Operations Manager. "Lots of great folks and hundreds of miles of trails for ATVing, dirt biking and, hiking, and snowmobiling in the winter". The combination of the riding and the scenery is awesome...Read more>>

AMA PRAISES PROPOSAL TO RE-WRITE ROADLESS RULES

New opportunities exist to protect multiple-use trails
   "This is great news not only for off-highway motorcyclists and ATV riders, but for horse riders, bicyclists and others as well," said Edward Moreland, AMA vice president for government relations. "We opposed the original roadless initiative because it didn't provide for enough comment at the local level. This new effort should give the public an opportunity to let their governors, and federal officials know how important it is to maintain existing recreational opportunities... Read more>>

A CALL TO QUILLS!

An alternative to closures
   Veteran OHV activist Del Albright penned this recent editorial to help spark grassroots off-highway riders into action. We would love to see this article re-printed in as many club newsletters and e-mails as possible..
. Read more>>

MIKE PINKERTON BACK IN ACTION AT HATFIELD/McCOY

West Virginia NOHVCC State Rep is prepping to return to dirt biking following accident 3 months ago
   "I am back to work and busier than ever and I love it!", says Mike. "I've even been out riding already. My first couple of rides have been on ATVs and the Polaris Ranger but I plan on dirt biking as soon as possible. I feel so lucky because I can basically do most everything I could before the accident.
..Read more>>

AUGUST  BIRTHDAYS

8/10 - Roy Garrett

8/20 - Joe Westfall

8/29 - Russ Ehnes

8/30 - Mona Ehnes & Steve Schaffer

ATTENTION MEDIA

All publications, club newsletters and internet sites are free to publish any of the content found in this issue of  NOHVCC News as well any of the previously written material which is available at www.nohvcc.org

We also offer full feature articles on a variety of off-highway topics. For more info, contact the

NOHVCC News Editor at stevecasper@msn.com

Thanks! Media who have recently supported NOHVCC.

Magazines: Dirt Wheels, ATV Action, Dirt Rider, ATV Rider, DualSport Rider, Honda Red Rider, 4x4 & Off-Road, BlueRibbon, National Turkey Federation, All-Terrain Vehicle, Dirt Bike, DualSportNews, BlueRibbon Coalition, Permission to Hunt, Racer X, Farm Journal, Cycle News, Cycling East

Web sites: Speed TV, ATV Connection, ATV Source, Dirt Rider, ATV News.com, Ehlert Powersports, Pennsylvania OHV, Off-Road.com, Quad.com, New York State OHV Association, New York State Trail Riders Organization

Radio: Open Road Radio

Television: ATV Magazine Television

Newsletters: Minnesota Off-Road, Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan, Florida Trail Riders

Dealers: Street,Track 'N Trail- Conneaut Lake, PA

If your media outlet has helped us out but is not listed, give the NOHVCC News editor a holler!

Triva Question

How big is too big? In a recent internet poll at atv-mag.com  (All-Terrain Vehicle Magazine) readers were asked if they thought ATV manufacturers should build quads with engines bigger than the current 700ccs which are found today. How do you think they voted?

(see answer below)

Participants in the High Mountain Jamboree get ready for the final nights festivities in Wallace, Idaho. The NOHVCC semi served as home base for most of the Jamboree's activities. (see story to the left).
Contact Us

Go to www.nohvcc.org and save our Home Page on your favorites.

If you have a story idea for NOHVCC News, contact the Editor at        stevecasper@msn.com

Triva Answer

Of the 742 readers who voted, 57% said Yes to bigger engines in quads while 43% voted No.

(If you have any cool ideas for future OHV Trivia questions, drop the NOHVCC Newsletter editor an e-mail.)

View the past newsletters

Aug/04/04

July/21/04

July/07/04

June/06/04

May/26/04

May/19/04

May/12/04

Apr/28/04

Apr/14/04

Apr/21/04

Get your newsletter from the